BREAKING Sankey speaks (re: players losing scholarships due to injury)

Diogenes

3rd Team
Jul 7, 2021
On Finebaum, SEC commissioner Sankey just said that 400 players lost scholarships because of injury

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Following Nick Saban’s precedent, Greg Sankey doesn’t utter a syllable on a public forum without sending a message to somebody, somewhere.

There aren’t many reasons Sankey would broach this subject on something as widespread as Finebaum. But he did, so…….

I’m guessing this message is to the NCAA. It highlights the incredible hypocrisy and inconsistency of its (the NCAA’s) operation, and is laying just one more brick — albeit a big and loud one — in the foundation of a breakaway.

With no inside information whatsoever, I put the over / under on a breakaway led by the SEC, the BIG, and Notre Dame, at February 1, 2024 — 22 months from when this is written.

Reactions: dtgreg and Con

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Following Nick Saban’s precedent, Greg Sankey doesn’t utter a syllable on a public forum without sending a message to somebody, somewhere.

There aren’t many reasons Sankey would broach this subject on something as widespread as Finebaum. But he did, so…….

I’m guessing this message is to the NCAA. It highlights the incredible hypocrisy and inconsistency of its (the NCAA’s) operation, and is laying just one more brick — albeit a big and loud one — in the foundation of a breakaway.

With no inside information whatsoever, I put the over / under on a breakaway led by the SEC, the BIG, and Notre Dame, at February 1, 2024 — 22 months from when this is written.
I think your overall premise is correct, but I disagree the Big Ten will be in any way associated with a breakaway in the beginning. Not with their current commissioner, that is.

Reactions: The Ols

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
400? That number seems awfully arbitrary to me, wonder where he got it

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.