Sark - Colorado opening (He's Staying at Bama)

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I don't want to lose him but it is a perfect place to get back on the horse coaching wise. I mean, with vision, a coach could make a career in Boulder and have great success.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Colorado is not a good program. They haven't won a bowl game in a decade and a half. Their last coach went 5-7 and that was somehow good enough to get a huge promotion.

It's one of the worst jobs in the worst conference in college football.

Reactions: B1GTide

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Colorado is not a good program. They haven't won a bowl game in a decade and a half. Their last coach went 5-7 and that was somehow good enough to get a huge promotion.

It's beautiful, there's little pressure as you just noted...security in that mediocrity brings on million dollar raises...grass is legal and Peyton Manning is still trying to deal Pizza Huts for a bargain!!!
Edit: and you get Antonio Alfano, who apparently appreciates the pizza and grass!!!😂

Last edited:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

One could argue the same was true for Alabama 15 years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: The Ols

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Alabama was a program hit by sanctions. Alabama was always going to return under the right head coach. Colorado is like Utah in that it is more about having a lifer for a HC in order to succeed.
I would argue that the Buffs would be a powerhouse right now had Nick Saban decided to plant roots there instead of LSU and not eventually move on. Of course, he would never do that because he wants to be the best competing against the best but had he had another vision...say, living the comfortable life with no pressure, build a program for the ages to stay, nurture and do a Bobby Bowden type thing - Colorado would be your Clemson. But I digress...hope Sark stays :giggle:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I honestly would see UCLA coming back to some type of prominence before Colorado. Sark is at a point to where he would field jobs at programs with a better standing. The only way I see him going to Colorado if there was a reason outside of football IMO.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I would argue that the Buffs would be a powerhouse right now had Nick Saban decided to plant roots there instead of LSU and not eventually move on. Of course, he would never do that because he wants to be the best competing against the best but had he had another vision...say, living the comfortable life with no pressure, build a program for the ages to stay, nurture and do a Bobby Bowden type thing - Colorado would be your Clemson. But I digress...hope Sark stays :giggle:
Colorado’s two best eras were the Crowder and McCartney eras. It was a long long process to get to where they were beating Nebraska and Oklahoma, but nevertheless they built a brand. But it was quickly gone after Tricky Rick left for Washington. More or less they never could build staying power.

Colorado is a better program than Nebraska, and is in an easy conference. But the issue is that they have no staying power. So really they need to find a coach that wants to commit for 10+ years in order to bring titles home. Mel Tucker was always looking for something bigger

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: CoolBreeze

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Gotta disagree! :unsure:

The PAC is a far cry from being the worst in CFB. It's not in the top three, but definitely not the WORST. :rolleyes:

IMO, its a pretty good job. It's on a campus with a beautiful setting and reasonable expectations... :cool:

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: CoolBreeze

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.