News Article: Satanic Temple Announces Reproductive Health Clinic

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
Is this real or a joke?
With TST, it's hard to tell, but they are definitely grifting on this. They are selling T-shirts, calendars and teddy bears and whatnot. Still, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I don't know the first thing about New Mexico abortion laws, but if TST wants to push the envelope, I will be following the court decisions with a great deal of interest.

Reactions: dtgreg

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
With TST, it's hard to tell, but they are definitely grifting on this. They are selling T-shirts, calendars and teddy bears and whatnot. Still, it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I don't know the first thing about New Mexico abortion laws, but if TST wants to push the envelope, I will be following the court decisions with a great deal of interest.
unless it is lining pockets at the Satanic Temple I'd go with fund raising over grifting.

Reactions: 92tide

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Who's to say it's grift? Reproductive clinics aren't cheap.

[imagine a very slight blue tinge to the font]

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
unless it is lining pockets at the Satanic Temple I'd go with fund raising over grifting.
That's fair and logical. My big problem is that any topic that even slightly approaches modern politics is automatically seen as some sort of grift or another (by me.) I should probably work on that. I won't, but I should. ;)

Reactions: Jon

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
i think that it's an absurdity that women's reproductive health (among with many other things) is seen as inherently political.
I agree, but without these issues, neither side has much to run on. Dems could have codified RvW, but chose not to. Reps could have built a wall on the southern border, but chose not to. The only logical explanation for this is that fixing problems goes against their own interests. (Not OUR interests, mind you.) Issues like abortion and border security will still be talking points long after we're dead.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I agree, but without these issues, neither side has much to run on. Dems could have codified RvW, but chose not to. Reps could have built a wall on the southern border, but chose not to. The only logical explanation for this is that fixing problems goes against their own interests. (Not OUR interests, mind you.) Issues like abortion and border security will still be talking points long after we're dead.
when could they have done this. there has never really been a realistic path to codifying roe

• Thank You
Reactions: twofbyc

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
when could they have done this. there has never really been a realistic path to codifying roe
Did Obama not have a majority in both chambers of congress when he was first elected? He sure seemed to think he did since one of his campaign promises before winning the election was codifying Roe.

• Haha
Reactions: 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Did Obama not have a majority in both chambers of congress when he was first elected? He sure seemed to think he did since one of his campaign promises before winning the election was codifying Roe.
so you honestly think the reason that didn't happen is because it would go against the "democrats" (and not our) interest?

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
so you honestly think the reason that didn't happen is because it would go against the "democrats" (and not our) interest?
Question: did the overturning of Roe affect the outcome of the mid-terms? A LOT of pundits seemed to think so. The so-called "red wave" was nothing more than a red trickle by the end. Reps barely took the House and completely failed to take the Senate. I know there were multiple reasons the Reps performed poorly, but the whole abortion thing was clearly a contributing factor.

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.