Scientific Aspects of Covid v.2

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Some preliminary info on new varient and kids. More kids being hospitalized as well (see lower in thread)😔

Children have fewer ACE2 receptors, but this variant has more ACE2 spike proteins. That would be the mechanism that makes kids more susceptible to this variant.

The "game" has changed. This needs to be acknowledged and mitigated better than we have done to this point.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Children have fewer ACE2 receptors, but this variant has more ACE2 spike proteins. That would be the mechanism that makes kids more susceptible to this variant.

The "game" has changed. This needs to be acknowledged and mitigated better than we have done to this point.
It won't be. 😔

I can't wait to get my kids vaccinated.
I have friends and family who think I'm nuts for keeping them in remote school since March & not visiting family during Thanksgivingand Christmas, but they didn't spend a night in the ER with my middle when he turned blue as a baby because he couldn't breathe. It was asthma brought on by staying in a moldy house.
I have others who think I'm crazy for getting the vaccine for them when I can(and hpv vax too).
I'd rather be crazy than have anything happen to them.
Not a chance in hell.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
It won't be. 😔

I can't wait to get my kids vaccinated.
I have friends and family who think I'm nuts for keeping them in remote school since March & not visiting family during Thanksgivingand Christmas, but they didn't spend a night in the ER with my middle when he turned blue as a baby because he couldn't breathe. It was asthma brought on by staying in a moldy house.
I have others who think I'm crazy for getting the vaccine for them when I can(and hpv vax too).
I'd rather be crazy than have anything happen to them.
Not a chance in hell.
Protecting your child is crazy and makes you a terrible parent.

• Haha
Reactions: MobtownK

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
This one too.
The comments section is about as expected- covid didn't cause MIS because she was no longer infectious and had antibodies. So not covid-related...🙄
It doesn't make much sense tbh... labored breathing, fever, fatigue, her pediatrician thought it could be a urinary infection!!??? I'd find a new doc asap...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003

Once again, low vitamin D levels are linked to severe disease, but vitamin D does not help once you are hospitalized.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Once again, low vitamin D levels are linked to severe disease, but vitamin D does not help once you are hospitalized.
I should find out my current level this week. A year ago, I was at 98 and my PCP wanted me to cut back a bit, so I cut back from daily to thrice weekly...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Once they go back and factor in people who died after "recovering" the numbers are going to be astronomical. The numbers starting to come out are crazy.

That isn't peer reviewed yet, but the implications are horrifying. My wife has Type 1 diabetes, and she has it because of a Scarlet Fever infection when she was 4 years old. I can absolutely see how a viral infection like this could create the same result in some people. When your immune system goes into overdrive to fight an infection that it is not equipped to fight, every part of your body is in danger. You immune systems attacks healthy tissue.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It will be very interesting to see what the impact will be on average life expectancy figures in the future...
The study points to trends in people who had severe cases of Covid. I doubt there will be long term implications for those whose immune systems handled Covid well.

Do we know how many people developed severe cases of Covid?

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
It will be very interesting to see what the impact will be on average life expectancy figures in the future...
The Trumper's, anti-vaxxers and Covid deniers have been unwilling to look at statistics but total deaths estimated in the US for 2020 of 3.1 million is 12% higher than 2019. A reasonable estimate of deaths for 2020 by the census bureau was 2.75 million. That puts estimated 2020 total deaths at 350,000 over the census estimate with the final two months of data to be tabulated. When final data is tabulated it could be well over 500,000 excess deaths. One would expect that trend to continue through most of 2021 and onward from there due to life expectancy decreased by Covid.

USA Facts

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The study points to trends in people who had severe cases of Covid. I doubt there will be long term implications for those whose immune systems handled Covid well.

Do we know how many people developed severe cases of Covid?
We will only know hospitalizations. No way to compute those who had severe cases but weren't quite bad enough to be hospitalized...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.