Scientific aspects of covid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I saw an article the other day that discussed the differences in people’s response to infection. It implied that with people that have had the common cold (a corona virus) the body doesn’t go over the top with immune response. If I can find I will post.

Reactions: MobtownK

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I saw an article the other day that discussed the differences in people’s response to infection. It implied that with people that have had the common cold (a corona virus) the body doesn’t go over the top with immune response. If I can find I will post.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Alabama's anonymous covid exposure app is here. This is the one I've mentioned before, developed by UAB, Google, and Android.

Get it at iOS: https://t.co/Q0Xi1dPBt1 Android: https://t.co/Iidw40OYA6
Doesn't appear to violate any privacy concerns. The more of us who use the app, the more helpful it will be.
Find out more at https://t.co/IkVOT5BVT0
Can you get it at the Play Store? I wonder also about those of us who live in border towns and who frequently come in contact with people from other states. Our hairdresser, for example, lives in TN...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I haven't had a cold in decades, so obviously I have strong immune system against many of those viruses, because I know I've been exposed over the years many times. I just can't decide if it's a good thing or not...

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Can you get it at the Play Store? I wonder also about those of us who live in border towns and who frequently come in contact with people from other states. Our hairdresser, for example, lives in TN...
Yes. Both play and apple store. It would be beneficial since she is in frequent contact with Alabama residents. I only watched a bit of the presser this morning, but no GPS, instead it generates bluetooth signals and pings others.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yes. Both play and apple store. It would be beneficial since she is in frequent contact with Alabama residents. I only watched a bit of the presser this morning, but no GPS, instead it generates bluetooth signals and pings others.
Got it. It will get more useful when more people have it...

• Thank You

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Latest bit of snake oil is a "drug" called oleadrin, which is derived from the toxic oleander plant. MyPillow guy Mike Lindell, with Trump's blessing, has been pushing for FDA approval.

Watch Anderson Cooper's interview of Lindell and reach your own conclusion:

another servant leader

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
another servant leader
From what I've read, Lindell is setting himself up for a manslaughter charge, should anyone take this stuff.

TLDR info:
1. A pre-release (i.e., not peer-reviewed) article claims that oleadrin inhibits growth of some cancer cell lines.
2. No human trials have been performed, in large part because oleadrin is a poison that causes cardiac arrhythmia.
3. Initial evidence suggests that it may have some effect of COVID, but all tests were done in a test tube, in large part because oleadrin is a poison that causes cardiac arrhythmia.

You've got snake oil salesmen like Lindell on one side, and on the other side, Trump, so desperate to find a last second miracle cure that he'll happily put even more lives at risk.

Last edited:
  • Thank You

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
From what I've read, Lindell is setting himself up for a manslaughter charge, should anyone take this stuff.

TLDR info:
1. A pre-release (i.e., not peer-reviewed) article claims that oleadrin inhibits growth of some cancer cell lines.
2. No human trials have been performed, in large part because oleadrin is a poison that causes cardiac arrhythmia.
3. No evidence that it has any impact on COVID.

You've got snake oil salesmen like Lindell on one side, and on the other side, Trump, so desperate to find a last second miracle cure that he'll happily put even more lives at risk.
Eating just one leaf can be a deadly decision.

There is zero evidence that this substance cures or prevents COVID-19 in humans and much evidence of it's ability to do harm.

• Thank You
Reactions: MobtownK and 92tide

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm just getting VERY sick and tired of:
- people citing the claim that Fauci knew in 2005 HCQ was the cure (read the damn paper)
- people claiming the hospitals aren't full of Covid patients but ARE full of people with mask-induced staph
- people reducing the number of deaths as if it's just a little minor detail or statistic (percentage over number)
- this whole notion of a mask being a political symbol (like the Confederate flag or something)
- people who don't know a damn thing about my job telling me what should be done (and this always being something they think will help Cheeto Jeezus succeed politically)

I have so many nuts in my family that I'm seriously thinking of opening my own Snickers plant.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
I'm just getting VERY sick and tired of:
- people citing the claim that Fauci knew in 2005 HCQ was the cure (read the damn paper)
- people claiming the hospitals aren't full of Covid patients but ARE full of people with mask-induced staph
- people reducing the number of deaths as if it's just a little minor detail or statistic (percentage over number)
- this whole notion of a mask being a political symbol (like the Confederate flag or something)
- people who don't know a damn thing about my job telling me what should be done (and this always being something they think will help Cheeto Jeezus succeed politically)

I have so many nuts in my family that I'm seriously thinking of opening my own Snickers plant.
I'm feeling it. I think the hospitals should start giving tours to deniers and judges should order those who flout public health orders to take the tours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.