Scott Cochran is Leaving for Georgia

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
There are a bunch of assistant S&C coaches on the staff right now, yes? I would imagine the fort can be minded until a new person is either hired or promoted.

rtr

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
“Mustache man”?
Fu Manchu man - Joe Willie Namath!

Amusing to think of Cochran as Special Teams coach. "Kamikaze" KO teams in the old parlance perhaps, but maybe Banks turned down the job and this is 'Irby's way of avenging not getting a better candidate for the job in stealing Banks away...

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
CSC was great for Bama. He was there for all of coach's titles. ( 1@ LSWho too)
However, the game has changed a bit to a faster, quick twitch type athlete (not all the way around, still need big thumpers) and maybe he isn't as skilled at training that type of athlete as he was the "jumbo" athlete?
Clearly there's a reason that CNS didn't (as far as we know) fight it...
Bring on a new guy that gets these kids tendencies/mentalities and let's go!!!
CNS knows best...I'm excited to see who comes on board...RTR

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
https://twitter.com/KirkHerbstreit
@kirkherbstreit

This is a SIGNIFICANT loss for Bama and ridiculous coup by Kirby and UGA! Is this the first sign of a “changing of the guard” in the SEC???
You have an interesting way of interacting here sometimes. The biggest difference in AL and Georgia is still the two men at the top.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
https://twitter.com/KirkHerbstreit
@kirkherbstreit

This is a SIGNIFICANT loss for Bama and ridiculous coup by Kirby and UGA! Is this the first sign of a “changing of the guard” in the SEC???
Ummm ... while you all are firmly focused on trying to use Alabama as an excuse to "change the guard" you may want to focus on the teams in your own division first. lol

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I do not like him leaving us for UGA but I still respect him for what he has done. 5 national championships with him as the S&C coach. There have been some skinny athletes come into Alabama that left 20 or more pounds heavier and it was all muscle. I will thank him for the good times but I cannot wish him luck at UGA.

Reactions: Con and UAllday

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I do not like him leaving us for UGA but I still respect him for what he has done. 5 national championships with him as the S&C coach. There have been some skinny athletes come into Alabama that left 20 or more pounds heavier and it was all muscle. I will thank him for the good times but I cannot wish him luck at UGA.
6...He was with CNS @ LSWho too...
*Unless of course you meant here, then I am wrong...🙂

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.