Scott Cochran is Leaving for Georgia

Bama Shoals

1st Team
Jan 17, 2007
Killen, AL
I just saw this posted on TiderInsider as a preview. Anyone heard anything about this? The preview says he was offered an off-the-field position by Smart.

Publisher Note: Confirmed:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
There`s been talk/speculation off and on for a while that this might occur. I think CSC and Kirby were/are buds(?). Have to admit it makes me wonder a bit concerning CSC`s judgement of character abilities if accurate. So...if this is accurate it`s not a complete surprise, albeit disappointing.

VernonTider

Scout Team
Nov 9, 2019
Assuming this is true, with so many outlets reporting, we've heard doom and gloom with so many departures. People have been dancing on our graves since 2010. I admit Cochran leaving is a blow, but it doesn't have to be, if he's replaced well. I'm almost wondering how good of a ST coach he'll be. Kirby maybe should be careful, he might actually be weakening that third phase of the game.

I will say thanks, Scott, for your contributions to Alabama's run, and thanks for all you did for my son at the Bama football camps over the years. I mean all that, but I still say we hand their rear ends to them Sept. 19 in Tuscaloosa.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Interesting ... not sure what to make of this one. Since this has been up twice now with CKS, it seems like this is something that Cochran has been wanting as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.