Scott Frost is the 2nd biggest crybaby and hypocrite in college football

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
SMH

Hoodie

So he transferred himself and wants to complain about graduation rates. Then he wants to whine about a kid he lost to Rice. I guess Nebraska is totally comfortable being a 4-5 win team.

FWIW the transfer portal is a double edged sword, but if Nebraska is worried about the transfer portal after 4 straight losing seasons (3 of Frost’s) then that is more of a sign of a horrible coach than an unfair system.

Last edited:

buckeyeFB_

3rd Team
Jun 24, 2019
Another reason it's ironic for Frost to be complaining about transfers is that Frost/Nebraska just secured a commitment from Tyreke Johnson, a transfer from Ohio State who was a former 5-star recruit (Link to TideFans thread about him from last month) literally 5 days ago.

FWIW the transfer portal is a double edged sword, but if Nebraska is worried about the transfer portal after 4 straight losing seasons (3 of Frost’s) then that is more of a sign of a horrible coach than an unfair system.
Agreed, and another sign that Frost is probably just a subpar coach is that Nebraska out-recruited everyone in the Big Ten aside from Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan in the 2018, 2019, and 2020 recruiting cycles but Frost still can't win.

• Thank You
Reactions: 81usaf92

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Another reason it's ironic for Frost to be complaining about transfers is that Frost/Nebraska just secured a commitment from Tyreke Johnson, a transfer from Ohio State who was a former 5-star recruit (Link to TideFans thread about him from last month) literally 5 days ago.

Agreed, and another sign that Frost is probably just a subpar coach is that Nebraska out-recruited everyone in the Big Ten aside from Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan in the 2018, 2019, and 2020 recruiting cycles but Frost still can't win.
Frost is about to be sacrificed to He who walks behind the rows if he doesn’t win 6 games this year. But him complaining about the transfer portal after 3 losing seasons is just stupid. Alabama and Ohio St lose multiple 4 and 5 stars a year to graduation and transfer and Frost is complaining about 1 4 star quarterback. It’s just stupid.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I go back and watch 1990s Nebraska on YouTube all the time. Nostalgia. That was excellence when I was growing up. 1991-1996 Alabama had its excellent moments, and a truly great run from 1991-1994, but I was 9 when Alabama won the 1992 NC. It wasn’t until the next few years that I really got into college football, and of course my beloved team had fallen by the wayside at that point.

So I will watch a lot of mid to late 90s Nebraska, Florida, and Florida State. Anyway the point of all this is that mighty 1990s Nebraska has today turned into the equivalent of Commodus flailing away helplessly at Maximus in the Colosseum in Gladiator. Sad and pathetic.

There is light at the end of the tunnel for programs like USC and Texas. There was for us too during our dark times. There is no light ahead for the Cornhuskers.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
SMH

Hoodie

So he transferred himself and wants to complain about graduation rates. Then he wants to whine about a kid he lost to Rice. I guess Nebraska is totally comfortable being a 4-5 win team.

He's literally the epitome of a G5 AD/coach/fan.

Reactions: 81usaf92

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He did claim it, then rescinded once he got a real job.

So no credit. He's just your typical G5 wannabe.
That is not how I remember it. My BiL works for UCF and has 2 degrees from UCF and was telling me over dinner (before Frost was gone) that he was disappointed in Frost for not standing with the school administration. I don't remember Frost ever claiming that title, and I know that my BiL feels the same way.

Maybe you are right - memories are a tricky thing - but that is how I remember it.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
That is not how I remember it. My BiL works for UCF and has 2 degrees from UCF and was telling me over dinner (before Frost was gone) that he was disappointed in Frost for not standing with the school administration. I don't remember Frost ever claiming that title, and I know that my BiL feels the same way.

Maybe you are right - memories are a tricky thing - but that is how I remember it.
I'm basically recalling it your way although to be fair, I pay zero attention to the details of UCF football. However, I did a basic web search and what might be the point of disagreement is that Frost played politician, basically saying he wouldn't claim it but saying it was okay for UCF to do so.

I'm hardly on board with anything that praises Scott Frost, whom I've thought was a pompous jerk since his playing days (I was a jerk when I was young, too, so I'll spot him that), but maybe I should say his "downplaying" of the title got more ink than any claims in favor of it.

• Thank You
Reactions: B1GTide and Con

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I go back and watch 1990s Nebraska on YouTube all the time. Nostalgia. That was excellence when I was growing up. 1991-1996 Alabama had its excellent moments, and a truly great run from 1991-1994, but I was 9 when Alabama won the 1992 NC. It wasn’t until the next few years that I really got into college football, and of course my beloved team had fallen by the wayside at that point.

So I will watch a lot of mid to late 90s Nebraska, Florida, and Florida State. Anyway the point of all this is that mighty 1990s Nebraska has today turned into the equivalent of Commodus flailing away helplessly at Maximus in the Colosseum in Gladiator. Sad and pathetic.

There is light at the end of the tunnel for programs like USC and Texas. There was for us too during our dark times. There is no light ahead for the Cornhuskers.
Yeah, I know it's a tired cliche, but their day in the sun is gone because the circumstances that created them will never again exist. It's like newspapers - they're not coming back. (And yes, you can still find occasional ink in stores, but it's been at least ten years since I even opened one out of curiosity other than old ones).

Reactions: TideEngineer08

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
He did claim it, then rescinded once he got a real job.

So no credit. He's just your typical G5 wannabe.
Well he also got to Nebraska and within a month starts to question the legitimacy of some of Alabama’s national championships. How about you build a team that earned the right to lose to Alabama before you start worrying about Alabama.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Well he also got to Nebraska and within a month starts to question the legitimacy of some of Alabama’s national championships. How about you build a team that earned the right to lose to Alabama before you start worrying about Alabama.
Well to be fair, I don't think there's one of us here who likes the 1941 claim because it's so damned dumb. But yeah, he did that, too.

I think Frost's hangup with national titles goes back to the reality that he was the QB when the Nebraska winning streak ended, so he lives with it. Then he came out and all but begged the voters to put Nebraska at number one using the "if your job depended on beating one team, who would you rather play" as if 1997 Nebraska was the team of 2-3 years earlier.

Then again, maybe that Lawrence Phillips thing messed him up forever.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well to be fair, I don't think there's one of us here who likes the 1941 claim because it's so damned dumb. But yeah, he did that, too.

I think Frost's hangup with national titles goes back to the reality that he was the QB when the Nebraska winning streak ended, so he lives with it. Then he came out and all but begged the voters to put Nebraska at number one using the "if your job depended on beating one team, who would you rather play" as if 1997 Nebraska was the team of 2-3 years earlier.

Then again, maybe that Lawrence Phillips thing messed him up forever.
I have no problem with folks saying “the 1941 title is bogus” but you have to say it first. Just to say “a few of Alabama’s titles aren’t legit” is just a lazy way to say “Im jealous”

I found this article from way back in the 90’s that saw a change in the program coming but not to the extent that it did.

Prop 48

But like I said in my big thread (Nebraska is Dead and Gone) the advantages of the 70’s-90’s aren’t there anymore for Nebraska. They may outrecruit Wisconsin but they are not on the same level as Wisconsin. Nebraska’s only chance is to get a good young coach that is going to be there for 10-20 years and they are willing to accept the consequences. They thought that was Frost but they are ready to get rid of him already because he is so bad.

Reactions: B1GTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.