SCOTUS and Roe - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I remember when home from Bama for thanksgiving I saw an ad about a snake handling Holy Ghost revival somewhere in NE Alabama. A couple of days later I saw a new article about some preacher being rushed to the hospital for snake bites.
I remember that incident. IIRC, he survived that bite but the next one got him...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Dont forget about the religious snake handlers too

Didn’t Richard Scruchy go to one in Birmingham or was it a black church when he was on trial. I forget but every time we get a big figure or politician go on trial they all seem to find a non white denomination to find religion in. I happens too often that I forget who went where.

Reactions: seebell

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
share with your loved ones in Alabama

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
Naturally. Bootleggers are only needed then...
When I was growing up, Rankin County (West of Jackson, MS) was dry. It was understood that the churches and the bootleggers were in agreement that the county should stay dry, as it was of benefit to them both.

When I was in college, I worked at a gas station on the Jackson/Rankin County line. People would come in and buy a sixpack, and ask that we put it in a brown paper bag. Which they would stow in their trunk. For fear of being ticketed for "possession".

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
one would hope
It’s pretty much a guarantee. The military operates differently than the civilian sector. Him doing it as an officer probably saves him a court martial and a loss of rank on discharge but he is going to be told to resign or else by his unit and battalion commander or get charged with conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.