Reactions: dtgreg and MobtownK

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
How many more Democrats would be considered favorably in elections if they didn't have to carry the question of abortion on their back. There are many Democrat campaigns dead out of the gate on this singular issue.

If abortion is ultimately restricted by Republicans, they now publicly own the failures and the horrific and inhumane circumstances that originate out of this decision. If played correctly, this will be a huge strategic win for the Democrats.

The Republicans will find out embarrassingly how low the percentage of abortions are that originate from promiscuous behavior.

Then, the Democrats ought go for their holy grail, nationalizing election procedures for federal offices.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH and Go Bama

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
How many more Democrats would be considered favorably in elections if they didn't have to carry the question of abortion on their back. There are many Democrat campaigns dead out of the gate on this singular issue.
I think it depends on the part of the country. Polls show must Americans don't support overturning Roe v. Wade.

It certainly isn't a killer for them in states like California, Illinois, and New York.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
But with this issue off the table, does it bring more red states into play? I believe with right message it could.

I think it depends on the part of the country. Polls show must Americans don't support overturning Roe v. Wade.

It certainly isn't a killer for them in states like California, Illinois, and New York.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I doubt it will matter in the midterms.

Even if it did, it would take a long time before Roe could be restored. Thomas is 73 and Alito is 72. Neither is leaving the court as long as they are alive. Roberts is 67.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
The Republican side of this SC has never been much of a respector of the Judicial Canon of Ethics where it is unethical to speak on matter that are or may come before the court.

They are activist judges ready and willing to go speak at forums, etc. on matters in front them.

If legit, a leak like this is unprecedented from what I can tell. An investigation and prosecution should be expected.

This is an obvious leak to alter the apparent outcome.

Reactions: dtgreg

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
What law was broken?
Considering this has never happened before, and with the obvious ramifications, I'm betting there's something there. The sanctity of the internal court comms is valuable.

Otherwise, why have we never seen this before?

ETA - I've not researched it (and won't) but if no laws were broken, so be it. I've no idea. I know that jury tampering laws exist for a reason.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Considering this has never happened before, and with the obvious ramifications, I'm betting there's something there. The sanctity of the internal court comms is valuable.

Otherwise, why have we never seen this before?

ETA - I've not researched it (and won't) but if no laws were broken, so be it. I've no idea. I know that jury tampering laws exist for a reason.
I don't know of any law that expressly prohibits leaking this type of government document. It's hard enough to prosecute when classified information is leaked. Free speech!

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Wow. Interracial marriage and birth control could be next, for real. How far back do we need to go to find something "deeply rooted" if 50 years isn't enough?

It's clear that the recognition of rights formerly denied to oppressed people has come to a halt and the rollback has begun.
they've been openly pushing this for decades. in the name of christ, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.