scotus case upholding sanctuary cities

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
The Trump administration’s challenge was launched by former Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions. He insisted California was unconstitutionally interfering with federal immigration enforcement. But the Supreme Court, in a decision written by the late Justice Antonin Scalia, has said state and local officials are not obliged to carry out federal enforcement.
Today it was immigration enforcement. Tomorrow it will be federal laws specifying education curriculum or gun control, or whatever liberal cause de jour may be. Wonder how much celebrating will happen then.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
5 years ago it was gay marriage. yesterday it was non-discrimination for lgtbq. next fall they will be recruiting at elementary schools for children of undocumented immigrants.

your concern about slippery slopes is duly noted.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Today it was immigration enforcement. Tomorrow it will be federal laws specifying education curriculum or gun control, or whatever liberal cause de jour may be. Wonder how much celebrating will happen then.
Where is your outrage over federal overreach?

I feel your concern. o_O

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I thought federalism was generally supported by conservatives, and it is until it isn't.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
5 years ago it was gay marriage. yesterday it was non-discrimination for lgtbq. next fall they will be recruiting at elementary schools for children of undocumented immigrants.

your concern about slippery slopes is duly noted.
No slippery slope concern here, just pointing out the hypocricy of the celebration when a supreme court decision/doctrine is used to bolster your cause/beliefs and then the subsequent gnashing of teeth when that same exact doctrine is used against you a little while later.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
my appreciation of these two cases is because a lot of marginalized folks are going to be treated a little more decently.

and thanks for the concern

Reactions: Jon

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
my appreciation of these two cases is because a lot of marginalized folks are going to be treated a little more decently.

and thanks for the concern
No problem. Can't have you feeling too proud of yourself with vanity being one of those seven deadlies.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.