BREAKING Sec additions–Texas, Oklahoma inquire about joining SEC per report

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
Texas-OU wanting to join the sec don't know how to link but it's on the Houston chronicle Sankey denied comment

Links added by BamaNation

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smash Keyboard
Reactions: DzynKingRTR

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
This could be the beginning of the super conferences if this ever went down. If Mr Sankey would've just said we are not looking to expand instead of "no comment " I think this has legs sports fans

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Not.A.Chance. That ship sailed a decade ago...the SEC would gain nothing from them and this would make winning the SEC championship even more difficult for all teams. Doesn't increase television viewership possibilities over what it is now...doesn't even add money to other schools...a non-starter.
OK...may a snowball's chance....

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I would rather them go anywhere but here ... JMO. I would have been cool if it was initially them verses Mizzou and TAMU but now I'm happy with the team we have in this conference.

---Edit--- I still think this may be their way of getting the Big 12 in tow with what they want. The only ones that would benefit from this move at the beginning would be them, the SEC really doesn't benefit from this.

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL
Texas will never join a conference where they aren't the biggest dog on the porch. Joining the SEC would make them the toy poodle on the steps.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
Not.A.Chance. That ship sailed a decade ago...the SEC would gain nothing from them and this would make winning the SEC championship even more difficult for all teams. Doesn't increase television viewership possibilities over what it is now...doesn't even add money to other schools...a non-starter.
OK...may a snowball's chance....
Under the 4 team playoff system you might be right. But with the playoff expanding to 12 teams, 1 or maybe even 2 losses in a year might not eliminate a team from making the playoff. I'm not saying I love the idea, but it does make more sense now than it did in years past.

• Thank You
Reactions: CraigD

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Under the 4 team playoff system you might be right. But with the playoff expanding to 12 teams, 1 or maybe even 2 losses in a year might not eliminate a team from making the playoff. I'm not saying I love the idea, but it does make more sense now than it did in years past.
It makes no financial sense. None. We have Texas A&M to pull in the viewers in the Southwest. They need us a heck of a lot more than we need them.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Texas will never join a conference where they aren't the biggest dog on the porch. Joining the SEC would make them the toy poodle on the steps.
True, Texas would be middle of the pack in the SEC West easily. But wouldn't be surprised if they said Okie in the West and Texas in the east. Either way, I'm not a fan of this. Again, I'm thinking this is just both of these teams trying to pull the Big 12's card

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Tony Soprano (Texas) called up Johnny Sack (OU) and said, "I've come up with a way we can strongarm these wannabes in Ames and Manhattan. I mean, youz knows and I'z knows dere's no way dis gonna happen. But these guys NEED us. They NEED us. And so we just leverage them for a greater cut of the conference loot, and it's win/win."

Johnny Sack (the calm, smoking one - usually) - "Sounds good. You think it'll work?"

Texas Tony - "Of coyse, you know dey got nowhere ta go. We already got the biggest take anyway."

Johnny Sack - "Could be. But then again, you told me Saban was coming, too."

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Isn't this just the troll (Tigerfan44) that was on here yesterday being picked up by a lazy "journalist"? This guy is a hero, if so
I am thinking you might be right. When he posted yesterday I googled it and the only thing that came up that was not from 10 years ago was to a Texas A&M site. And by the time I clicked on it the post was locked and no longer existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.