Game Thread: SEC Championship | LSU vs UGA (CBS @ 230p CT)

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
The Dr Pepper half time competition is rigged! Crowd booing! lol Did the committee decide the winner? ha!

• Haha
Reactions: Bazza

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
Stetson Bennett with 4 TDs and 200 yards in a half is playing against a bad defense. We can blame it on Oline all we want but by November you just don’t lose to bad teams like LSU with quarterbacks like Bryce Young.
Do you think LSU has the same motivation to play and win this game as they did when we played them in Death Valley with the chance to win the SEC West at stake. Once LSU lost last week there is practically nothing for them to play for this should be a blood bath for Vegas. LSU could care less about being there just look at the stands no one traveled to see them. Last week at this time they were thinking we will be playing for a chance to go to the playoffs now they playing for nothing.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Yeah, do we really want our team with these players and coordinators to go in at #4 and try our luck with UGA?
Now that is a scary thought. As I said in another thread, at this point despite what the rating services say, UGA has more talent than we do, and it should come as no surprise that they have better coaching. Unless some drastic changes are made in the football program we are headed to be a 10-2 team in most years. Without Bryce to bail us out and assuming Golding is still the DC we might be lucky to win 10 games next year.

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
Do you think LSU has the same motivation to play and win this game as they did when we played them in Death Valley with the chance to win the SEC West at stake. Once LSU lost last week there is practically nothing for them to play for this should be a blood bath for Vegas. LSU could care less about being there just look at the stands no one traveled to see them. Last week at this time they were thinking we will be playing for a chance to go to the playoffs now they playing for nothing.
Not sure an SEC title is nothing...just over matched. UGA is the best team in the country by a wide margin

Jay Hughes

All-SEC
Aug 28, 2008
Newnan, GA
Now that is a scary thought. As I said in another thread, at this point despite what the rating services say, UGA has more talent than we do, and it should come as no surprise that they have better coaching. Unless some drastic changes are made in the football program we are headed to be a 10-2 team in most years. Without Bryce to bail us out and assuming Golding is still the DC we might be lucky to win 10 games next year.
Gray is definitely your color 😊

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
my take has always been its more than coaching .. we have flopped recruiting

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Fan facts are just not as real as actual facts. Actual facts suggest our offense well underperformed against a mediocre at best defense while having the best quarterback in college football.

We can talk about mentality all we want, but if we want to go that route then we should start at how mentally weak our team has been for the past 13 weeks. That seems like more of an issue than mediocre teams wanting a swing at the king.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Yeah, do we really want our team with these players and coordinators to go in at #4 and try our luck with UGA?
Just my opinion...but nope. Seen all I need to see. Bama doesn t have the coaching on either side of the ball. Same thing you said . Georgia has a dominating DL. LSU has played pretty well on Offense. Their D has allowed too much over the middle. Georgia is just strong overall. We will get back there hopefully..but we aren't right now.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
We'd probably get beat but at least our guys are not afraid of Georgia. I think most teams are scared to death about playing them and are beaten before they come out of the locker room. That's how opponents feared us in the past.

Reactions: SkullDuckery

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
Not sure an SEC title is nothing...just over matched. UGA is the best team in the country by a wide margin
Depends what your goal is. If you are out of race and playing to get a chance to win an SEC championship then you might be motivated but if your thinking you have National Championship and playoff and then out of it week before then your motivation is not there. Do you think the players from last year are rocking their SEC championship stuff from last year? If LSU was sitting at 5 going into today you don’t think there would be a difference in motivation.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
The thought`s beginning to creep into my mind that, at least right now, the college football world belongs to UGA and the rest of us are just renting space. If they win back-to-back national championships, that thought will transform into a solid belief. I hate to say that because I get queasy thinking about Kirby Smart mentioned in any context about supplanting CNS.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Depends what your goal is. If you are out of race and playing to get a chance to win an SEC championship then you might be motivated but if your thinking you have National Championship and playoff and then out of it week before then your motivation is not there. Do you think the players from last year are rocking their SEC championship stuff from last year? If LSU was sitting at 5 going into today you don’t think there would be a difference in motivation.
2001 LSU had nothing to play for and Tennessee was heading to the national championship with a win… who had more motivation and who won?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.