News Article: SEC coaches ranked

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'd have 8,9 and 10 at 5,6 and 7 in this order: Kiffin, Pittman and Drink

I realize Fisher and EdO are there because of one magical year, but I personally feel both are massively overrated in coaching terms. Get a poll going on luck and I'd put them near the top with Gene Chizik.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
#2: Kirby Smart (Georgia). We’ve admired Smart’s recruiting prowess for five years now but it’s time to take things to the next level. Currently, Smart is trending closer to Mark Richt than Nick Saban but hope certainly remains.
Who has admired Smart’s recruiting? That jerk tried to gut us while we were playing Karen Swinney in the national championship while he was still on staff.

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Ridiculous ratings IMO. I prefer...
1. Saban
2. Fisher (Yes, I like Fisher and believe he'll do good things for aTm.)
3. Smart (Great recruiter. Hopefully he keeps getting in his own way.)
4. Mullen (Probably should be lower... but past success carries some weight.)
5. Pittman (Great turn-around job at Arkansas. Potential to be ranked higher.)
6. Kiffin (He'll be scary when he finds a Defense.)
7. Stoops (Does more with less. Overall IMO a good coach.)
8. Drinkwitz (Dug Mizzou out of some toxic times. Potential to be ranked higher.)
9. Leach (Maybe ranked higher when he gets his players in the system.)
10. Harsin (Probably should be ranked lower since he took the Auburn job.)
11. Orgeron (Interesting motivator; not a great coach. A turnip could coach 2019 LSU to a championship.)
12. Heupel (Probably should be ranked lower since he took the Tennessee job.)
13. Beamer (Default ranking.)
14. Lea (Default ranking.)

Reactions: DanoCanuck and 9gks

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Orgeron is still riding 2019, which had little to do with his coaching. Good recruiter, but way overrated as a HC.

Kiffin is still saddled with the D he inherited. He may be a terrible human being. I hope every female within a night’s drive of Oxford, and between the ages of 15 and 60, packs her iron underwear. For all that, he’s a great offensive mind, and incredibly dangerous for one game.

His lack of focus on D will cost him any championship that has to be won over the course of a whole season. But he wants to beat us more than I want to see tomorrow’s sunrise. For one game, he is formidable.

Look at his schedule leading up to us…..cupcakes followed by a bye, going into BDS. Think he will have been preparing for our game for 9 months? If you don’t, I have this really cool bridge in New York that I need to unload, cheap. Only for tax purposes, of course.

We’re going to see stuff Gus Malzahn couldn’t dream up, implemented by somebody who actually knows what he’s doing.

We’ll be most vulnerable early in the season, before our youngsters have a chance to mature. If we lose due to that immaturity, I think it’ll be against Ole Miss.

We also face aTm and UF early. But Jimbo and Cousin Eddie face their own issues with offensive inexperience, and I think we’ll be OK in College Station and Gainesville. In the words of Abraham Lincoln, we’re all green alike.

Kiffin, even though it’s in BDS, worries me.

Last edited:
Reactions: dtgreg

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.