SEC Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2022

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
SEC Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2022

"If you're sick of Bama, buckle up, because it's going to be the longest season of your life. Right now, they project to have the best offensive and defensive player in the country and have the deepest roster in the best conference in the nation. They're a de facto pick to win the SEC and the national championship."

"Nick Saban loves a losing year, even in the national title, because it kills whatever assumption that current group might have about their value. He's a genius because he can reduce all that success from last season into a lesson about failure, and they'll have to buy into the work ethic. It's amazing."

"The roster, at this point, is just a joke to talk about. Pick a position. We don't scout them based on what they've lost. No other place in the country is like this. They aren't new faces so much as players who haven't beat you yet."

"They have a receiving corps any roster in the country would swap for, and you can make the argument that was the position group that cost them the title game, and only because of multiple injuries."

"If Bryce Young doesn't win the Heisman back-to-back, it could be because of Jahmyr Gibbs. He already looks like he belongs there, and they could be ridiculous with that combination."

"The more you look at the roster, the more anticlimactic the 2022 season looks. They were banged up against a once-in-a-generation defense they'd already beaten; otherwise they'd be set for a repeat run this season."

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
This quote about A&M had to come from Kiffen:

"What's the QB situation going to be? They took a lot of sacks last year, but they didn't really turn the ball over much, so they stayed in games. If you take Kellen [Mond] out, Jimbo's history with picking QBs isn't as great as people think. He has a huge decision here; the guy they might not want to play, Max Johnson, is probably the one with the most experience. But they didn't spend all the money on Conner Weigman to keep him on the sidelines, did they?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
"The more you look at the roster, the more anticlimactic the 2022 season looks. They were banged up against a once-in-a-generation defense they'd already beaten; otherwise they'd be set for a repeat run this season."

I'm sure Georgia fans loved reading that. The few that can read, I mean.
That sounds like Kiffin, Leach, or Drinkwitz.

In the course of uttering two sentences, I can’t imagine “anticlimactic,” and a three times hyphenated adjective, coming out of any other SEC coach’s mouth.

Pressed to name one, I’m going with Leach.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The article only says that the quotes come from a coach on staff. Not necessarily a head coach. Still enjoyed reading the thoughts, though. Thanks for sharing.
Yep - I've always assumed they interviewed a position coach or even a GA. Little chance a HC would say ANYTHING as if i gets out, it would be bad.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com

I'm sure Georgia fans loved reading that. The few that can read, I mean.
I'm so excited about this year EXCEPT: every opponent appears to have gotten better. We won't know until we get into it but I'm really not looking forward to Arkansas as a trap game nor Tennessee. Even the Mississippi schools. Gonna be a grind.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm so excited about this year EXCEPT: every opponent appears to have gotten better. We won't know until we get into it but I'm really not looking forward to Arkansas as a trap game nor Tennessee. Even the Mississippi schools. Gonna be a grind.
Bama's going to absolutely road-grade these teams. Just watch.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.