SEC Coaches Talk Anonymously About Conference Foes for 2022

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I believe the O Line under Wofford will surprise many
By any measure they should be improved. The point I would make is that that even the best offensive line cannot consistently block eight rushers for long developing plays. There have to be calls to force the defense to change and I hope Bryce with his experience can get to plays that work against the defenses we saw from TAMU, LSU and Auburn.

Reactions: dtgreg

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
By any measure they should be improved. The point I would make is that that even the best offensive line cannot consistently block eight rushers for long developing plays. There have to be calls to force the defense to change and I hope Bryce with his experience can get to plays that work against the defenses we saw from TAMU, LSU and Auburn.
I expect that to improve as well……… I think BOB will step it up a few notches this year

Reactions: Con and UAH

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Holy goodness….if the bad guys are rushing 8, and we can’t take advantage of it, we don’t deserve a banner of any kind.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
How does that compare to last year?
Not in a place to look it up right now…
last year Alabama 1st half 22 points scored average and 8.6 points given up average

last year alabama was 6th in scoring offense 1st half (3rd in SEC)
alabama was 11th in points given up in 1st half (2nd in SEC)

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
last year Alabama 1st half 22 points scored average and 8.6 points given up average

last year alabama was 6th in scoring offense 1st half (3rd in SEC)
alabama was 11th in points given up in 1st half (2nd in SEC)
Wow…almost a full TD better…that’s strong.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm so excited about this year EXCEPT: every opponent appears to have gotten better. We won't know until we get into it but I'm really not looking forward to Arkansas as a trap game nor Tennessee. Even the Mississippi schools. Gonna be a grind.
Maybe.

Until OM proves someone on campus is better than Coral I'll not believe it. Maybe in time, but this year?

Arky will be tough. MSU may or may not be better. Is LSU better than last year or does Kelly still need to root out some of the holdover from coach waterhead's time there? Remember Saban's first year at Bama...

Texas 8&4 is largely predicted to go.... 8-4.

Fifteenessee might be better offensively, but if the defense isn't massively improved, it won't show on their record.

That leaves Abruun - are they better than last year? Do you see them coming to BDS and beating Bama?

We'll see, but if the 2022 Bama team stays focused and plays at 80%+ of their ability, they'll steam-roll every team on the schedule.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Believe me…I hope you’re right.

Still, I’m curious — why do you think so?
Based on the many things I have read and heard……….. his approach is vastly different from the previous coach. The players seem to respond to him better as well…… time will tell but the optimism I’ve heard makes me think they will be better. He’s pretty well regarded….

• Thank You
Reactions: 4Q Basket Case

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Holy goodness….if the bad guys are rushing 8, and we can’t take advantage of it, we don’t deserve a banner of any kind.
Regardless of the total numbers on a specific play the defenses created mismatches normally to the wide side of the field and even when a tight end was added or a back was left in for blocking it looked like a jail break when the ball was snapped.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Our conference road schedule gets tougher, but we do avoid going to Hell (Auburn).

Arkansas, Ole Miss, LSU, and Tennessee all on the road. We do seem to play well on the road almost all the time under Coach Saban, though.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Maybe.

Until OM proves someone on campus is better than Coral I'll not believe it. Maybe in time, but this year?

Arky will be tough. MSU may or may not be better. Is LSU better than last year or does Kelly still need to root out some of the holdover from coach waterhead's time there? Remember Saban's first year at Bama...

Texas 8&4 is largely predicted to go.... 8-4.

Fifteenessee might be better offensively, but if the defense isn't massively improved, it won't show on their record.

That leaves Abruun - are they better than last year? Do you see them coming to BDS and beating Bama?

We'll see, but is the 2022 Bama team stays focused and plays at 80%+ of their ability, they'll steam-roll every team on the schedule.
I"m inclined to believe this... Looking at Bama schedule, we will likely to come out of 4-0 or 3-1, facing Arkansas on the road. Arkansas plays tough at home. They are super motiviated to run the ball and wear the team down. They are good at it. they made it a game last year. This year, I expect us to have right personnel ready for them.

Texas A and M- They have QB situation, and I don't think they're good enough to keep up with Bama offense. Texas OL is good, but I wonder about their DL...Expose their DL, and make Secondary work hard and we'll end the game fast.

Tennessee- I think they got something going on, but The reason they kept the game close was more of our self-inflicted mistakes we caused in that game.

MIss State- It will be an interesting game. IF they can get good defense, they have a chance to be a decent team heading to T-town on Oct 22.

LSU- Their Secondary is a mess. Lot of new face. I'm not concerned about them this year.

Ole miss- He has a strange mix on roster, and he has a QB situation... It should be settled by Nov 12.. but Good thing about them is that by then we'll scout them enough to know what Kiffin is doing.

Auburn- I'm not worried about them as long TJ Finley is starting.

The only game I"m concerned about this fall is probably Arkansas and Texas A and M... that's like 2 on 10 scale.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Under Coach Saban, it seems we always play LSU and Tennessee better on the road. There are exceptions, of course. But we usually "lay eggs" against those two at Bryant-Denny for some reason. It's the exact opposite with Auburn. So in that regard, the schedule kind of flips our way, I guess.

It's hard to say with Arkansas. They've not beaten us since 2006. They've been really bad for most of that time though. I think they will be perhaps our toughest game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.