SEC East Predictions

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
FWIW Florida’s O/U is 7. 4th best in the East.

I think many of y’all don’t realize how depleted Florida actually is and are basically finding 10 wins just because of the coach and the hatred towards Georgia. Mullen didn’t leave Napier a team like Mushchamp left Mac. I think Florida probably gets boatraced by Utah game 1 to be quiet honest.

BTW Utah is a ROAD favorite over Florida.
I can't speak for others who rank Florida highly, but my ranking has nothing to do with hate or love. My ranking is based on home games, new HC's, and stats. Mullen clearly fumbled the ball last year. LSU clearly tanked both on and off the field. Tennessee has problems and etc. My ranking is biased on the stat side.

Reactions: Bazza and DogPatch

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
So you meant a 7-1 conference record.
My bad, I guess I could have been a clearer with my point. Yeah, I meant 11-2 as in 7-1 regular season conference record AND then a loss to Bama in the sec title game. It's not a dis at georgia by any means. first title in 41 years for georgia. First time they have been to the mountain top in a long time. Players all say the same thing coming back "we are not gonna get complacent, we are still gonna be hungry" Then human nature takes over, injury luck doesn't go your way, and/or you play some team that plays the game of their life.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I can't speak for others who rank Florida highly, but my ranking has nothing to do with hate or love. My ranking is based on home games, new HC's, and stats. Mullen clearly fumbled the ball last year. LSU clearly tanked both on and off the field. Tennessee has problems and etc. My ranking is biased on the stat side.
Unless there is an insane amount of college ready talent in Napier’s recruiting class then we are still looking at the same team that got pushed around by Gus Malzhan last year. Florida’s best defensive player from last year is at Utah and they are returning what was the 51st defense in the country.

9 wins in the regular season is probably their absolute best if everything goes right for them early with Utah, Kentucky, and Tennessee. But it’s still more likely that they lose all three of those games based off of talent and coaching advantages than they win all three. I would say their best realistic outcome would be 1-2.

Out of all the teams everyone is overlooking, LSU probably is the only one that probably exceeds expectations. Oeaux really didn’t leave the cupboard that bare by comparison to Mullen although you worry about quarterback. I would say they most likely beat Florida too.

If they win 10 then it’s probably the greatest 1st year coaching miracle of all time. 6-8 wins is probably the expected win loss range. 9 at best.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Everyone is also high on Anthony Richardson, who has done nothing so far. Yes he’s athletic and has tools, but he has no talent surrounding him to use. In 64 passes thrown he only completed 59% and threw 6 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. His average yard per attempt was just 8.3

Bryce young, Hendon hooker, will Levis, kj Jefferson and Stetson Bennett will all have better stats and more total touchdowns than Richardson will this year

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Everyone is also high on Anthony Richardson, who has done nothing so far. Yes he’s athletic and has tools, but he has no talent surrounding him to use. In 64 passes thrown he only completed 59% and threw 6 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. His average yard per attempt was just 8.3

Bryce young, Hendon hooker, will Levis, kj Jefferson and Stetson Bennett will all have better stats and more total touchdowns than Richardson will this year
The problem I see is that Florida could be sunk by the 5th week of the season. They play 3 more talented and experienced teams right out the gate. I know everyone wants to laugh at Utah but their Offensive and defensive lines are SEC quality or a damn near close to it. They also have a very capable offense that will score atleast 30 on Florida.

My point is that Napier is being given no favors with his first September schedule. It takes awhile to adjust to a new system and he isnt exactly playing vandy, mizzou, and tennessee tech out the gate. They may get it together later but they are most likely taking some square on the chin to open the season.

I got them losing (Uga, aTm, LSU, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Utah). FSU could be improved and who knows what to expect from USCE

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa

Richardson will be on the bench for the cocktail party, if not before.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
I know this is going to get some laughs and I completely understand why. However, I truly believe Georgia will finish with a top 5 offense in the country. The offensive line should be great and the team has a lot of mismatch opportunities, especially with tight ends in: arik Gilbert, Brock bowers and Darnell Washington. Georgia can come out with 2 tight ends or 3 and force defenses to choose to put in big guys to stop a run or coverage guys for passes. Not many teams possess the ability to have guys on defense who can do both. (While Alabama is one of them who does)

Last year in terms of offensive efficiency Georgia averaged 6.9 yards per play. 2nd in power 5 schools and 4th in the country

last year in points per game georgia was 8th in the country

in first half points per game, 5th in the country

Georgia really doesn’t lose offensive production going into this season from last. I think it may can be seen where it’s possible for Georgia to finish with a top 5 points per game offense

now I’m ready for the laughs some of you will have

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
The problem I see is that Florida could be sunk by the 5th week of the season. They play 3 more talented and experienced teams right out the gate. I know everyone wants to laugh at Utah but their Offensive and defensive lines are SEC quality or a damn near close to it. They also have a very capable offense that will score atleast 30 on Florida.

My point is that Napier is being given no favors with his first September schedule. It takes awhile to adjust to a new system and he isnt exactly playing vandy, mizzou, and tennessee tech out the gate. They may get it together later but they are most likely taking some square on the chin to open the season.

I got them losing (Uga, aTm, LSU, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Utah). FSU could be improved and who knows what to expect from USCE
I'd love for Florida to beat at least 2 of UGA, aTm, LSU, TN... preferably UGA and aTm. I have not checked which of those is a home game for Florida, but their home crowd will certainly help them.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I know this is going to get some laughs and I completely understand why. However, I truly believe Georgia will finish with a top 5 offense in the country. The offensive line should be great and the team has a lot of mismatch opportunities, especially with tight ends in: arik Gilbert, Brock bowers and Darnell Washington. Georgia can come out with 2 tight ends or 3 and force defenses to choose to put in big guys to stop a run or coverage guys for passes. Not many teams possess the ability to have guys on defense who can do both. (While Alabama is one of them who does)

Last year in terms of offensive efficiency Georgia averaged 6.9 yards per play. 2nd in power 5 schools and 4th in the country

last year in points per game georgia was 8th in the country

in first half points per game, 5th in the country

Georgia really doesn’t lose offensive production going into this season from last. I think it may can be seen where it’s possible for Georgia to finish with a top 5 points per game offense

now I’m ready for the laughs some of you will have
Not laughing. It is quite possible they will have a top 5 offense or top 8 in the country, mainly because there are not that many great defenses in the SEC East. Not sure how good Oregon's defense will be. And yes, the TE's at UGA are really good players and hard to cover. Especially Brock Bowers. Clemson will probably have a decent offense this year too, whether it is DJU or the freshman. And, because there are not many great defenses in the ACC. This is just my opinion for both teams.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Just this past week, the Florida Gators took a big hit at the quarterback position after redshirt Freshman Quarterback Jack Miller suffered a thumb injury that required surgery.

Fortunately for the Gators, the timetable on Miller’s return doesn’t seem to be too detrimental. “So, Jack had a thumb fracture,” said Napier. “Which is really the same surgery that Drew Brees had just a couple years ago. We anticipate him missing the first two games and are hopeful that we get him back for week three. He’ll be in a cast for a couple of weeks as he begins the rehab process,” said Coach Napier.

• Thank You
Reactions: Padreruf

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.