Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
SEC Preview and Predictions: Week 1
By Jess Nicholas
TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief
September 23, 2020

Last Season's Record: 90-23 (79.7%)

Welcome to the first week of previews for the 2020 season, as we begin to sail into uncharted territory thanks to a bunch of bats. With an all-SEC, every-week schedule, we'll be facing a greater challenge in regards to keeping our success rate up for picking games. No Alabama-Western Carolinas in 2020, folks. Week 1 features some intriguing matchups, with maybe Kentucky-Auburn being at the top of that list simply due to the difficulty in figuring out just each team has.

CONTINUE READING

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Love to see your predictions thread as always Jess. Hard to argue with anything you say really. Going to be an interesting week 1 in All-SEC play for sure.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Thanks, Jess. I loved your analysis of LSU. Well written.

I read the preview for BAMA v Mizzou but the defense section was about Michigan. I look forward to reading the defense and prediction/score when it comes up. RTR

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Great Read. I agree we are close to leading in every group.
Mizzou will throw several new looks at us, then it's all over for them.
How quickly we adjust will say a lot about our team.

Reactions: The Ols

JMPBAMA92

Oct 12, 1999
Prattville, Alabama
You gotta have a couple of upsets! I will give you two possibilities. The UK vs AU game will be a nail-biter and in a twist Nix throws a pick six and Kentucky walks away a winner. As for the next upset, Joey Freshwater pulls a few tricks out of his bag and beats UF while Mullen continues to wear clown shoes.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
You gotta have a couple of upsets! I will give you two possibilities. The UK vs AU game will be a nail-biter and in a twist Nix throws a pick six and Kentucky walks away a winner. As for the next upset, Joey Freshwater pulls a few tricks out of his bag and beats UF while Mullen continues to wear clown shoes.
I almost wouldn't consider UK over AU to be much of an upset at this point. Like I said in the preview, about the only thing I really want to know was whether the Kentucky defense of last year was really that good. I think the Cats played over their heads a bit because they knew their offense couldn't keep up. Desperation is a good motivator. They also have some big questions at WR. Meanwhile, Auburn's offense, all of it, could be awful. We just don't know yet.

As for the other, I don't think Kiffin has the weapons yet to really challenge. Matt Luke's recruiting was, for the most part, really bad. They missed on a lot of guys, misevaluated a bunch more (especially on defense) and didn't get lucky with injuries. Even when Mullen clowns it up, his teams are so good with LOS fundamentals that they cover him up well. I could easily see that one getting very ugly for OM.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.