JessN: SEC Preview and Predictions: Week 6

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
SEC Preview and Predictions: Week 6
by Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com E-i-C

Sometimes, you have to take a chance and pick the upset, but bravery cost the Predictions Dept. a couple of percentage points last week when neither Ole Miss nor South Carolina could follow through. This week, there are three matchups more intriguing than the others due to certain forces present in each, leaving us again in the position of trying to determine how brave we really are and how much we're willing to risk by going against the grain.

Continue Reading

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I like your picks also, with the exception of LSU vs Auburn. If it were in Baton Rouge I would agree with you, but at JH I think the Plainsmen take care of the Bayou Bengals.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Thanks, Jess. Like your picks, save one. I'm with Gray on this one, Jess. The University of Auburn always keeps pixie dust around in the event of a close game at home. Comes in many forms: fumbles near goal lines, tipped passes into their defender's hands, bum calls by officials that go to barney, "malfunctioning" sprinkler systems -- just a whole lot of stupid, lucky stuff that goes their way. The fans go into their games expecting it to happen. Admittedly not a very scientific rationale here, but wouldn't be surprised if it happens again Saturday. Their slogan, of course, - "We'd rather be lucky than good...".

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
I was thinking AU would beat LSU until your heading said Auburn at Louisiana State. So I was thinking LSU was a good pick until you stated the game was at Jordan Hare. So back to my original thought the AU will somehow win...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.