SEC Shorts - How Georgia fans deal with hope

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Fabulous as always.

Now, I have no love lost for Georgia, but we have literally ripped two NCs from their fingers in recent years. They would have killed ND for the 2012 BCSNC and of course, we know what Tua and Smitty did!

I kinda get why they'd be sore!!!
Let's not forget that we also destroyed their hopes in 2018 as well with Jalen Hurts coming off the bench.

I also don't want to let it slip that they were on their way to great things in 2015 when a scrappy underdog bunch with Derrick Henry and Calvin Ridley came in and ripped their stubby bulldog tails off in the rain, largely ending the Mark Richt era.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Let's not forget that we also destroyed their hopes in 2018 as well with Jalen Hurts coming off the bench.

I also don't want to let it slip that they were on their way to great things in 2015 when a scrappy underdog bunch with Derrick Henry and Calvin Ridley came in and ripped their stubby bulldog tails off in the rain, largely ending the Mark Richt era.
Ah yes 2015, when the dynasty was over. We were dead and buried the previous week.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I bet they were so sick that they couldn’t even bring up Herschel walker or lie about Varsity hotdogs to cheer themselves up after that beating in the rain the next week.
Most of the radio guys kept playing Saban's rant of dead buried and gone clip over and over mocking it like children. I guess it made them feel better?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I bet they were so sick that they couldn’t even bring up Herschel walker or lie about Varsity hotdogs to cheer themselves up after that beating in the rain the next week.
I know they like to gloss over everything between 1980 and today, but I like I to help them out. Let's also recall 2008... they were destined for glory that year (because we all know they were really the best team in 2007).

We sorta destroyed that dream.

Has Georgia worn black since that night?

Reactions: 92tide

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I know they like to gloss over everything between 1980 and today, but I like I to help them out. Let's also recall 2008... they were destined for glory that year (because we all know they were really the best team in 2007).

We sorta destroyed that dream.

Has Georgia worn black since that night?
Just like LSU. The most they can brag about is 2000-2007 time period. Thats about it.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I get immense satisfaction from knowing our last 6 meetings with UGA have either derailed their season from the jump or ruined it at the end....

2008 - (#8 Bama vs #3 UGA) - Alabama wins 41-30 and UGA never sees the Top 5 again.

2012 - (#2 Bama vs #3 UGA) - Alabama wins 32-28 for the SEC Title and BCSNC

2015 - (#13 Bama vs #8 UGA) - Bama wins 38-10 and UGA collapses in the next 3 weeks

2017 - (#4 Bama vs #3 UGA) - Bama wins 26-23 in OT on a Walkoff DAGGER TD Pass for the CFPNC

2018 - (#1 Bama vs #4 UGA) - Bama wins 35-28 led by Jalen Hurts off the bench to win the SEC Title

2020 - (#2 Bama vs #3 UGA) - Bama wins 41-24 and UGA loses to Fla 2 weeks later to end their Division hopes.

To Summarize:

We ruined their 2008 right off the bat by burying them in their own funeral attire in Athens...and after they started the season as Pre-Season #1

We beat them so bad in 2015 that in 2 of the next three weeks they lost to Tennessee led by Josh Dobbs and then Florida led by Treon Harris.....TREON HARRIS

We cost them the SEC East and a SECCG Birth in 2020 and Possibly a CFBP Birth (If they win the 1st game they finish ahead of Fla, though we would have certainly beat them anyway in an SECCG Rematch - so win win for us either way...lol)

We directly cost them an SEC Title in 2012 with last minute heroics on a Dagger TD Pass and timely D

We directly cost them an SEC Title and a CFBP Birth in 2018 as the Backup QB comes off the bench and stuns them....again.

We directly cost them a certain National Championship in 2012 where they would have certainly beat that ND bunch.

We directly cost them a certain National Championship in 2017 in OT after not leading the game for a single second of time...as the TRUE Freshman Brigade (Tua, Smitty, Jeudy, Ruggs III, Najee) comes off the bench to completely overwhelm them and the Backup QB throws a DEATHBLOW TD PASS to another True Freshman WR as the Buzzer goes off.

2 National Titles, 2 SEC Titles, 1 Eastern Division, 2 CFBP Births..... GONE

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I get immense satisfaction from knowing our last 6 meetings with UGA have either derailed their season from the jump or ruined it at the end....

2008 - (#8 Bama vs #3 UGA) - Alabama wins 41-30 and UGA never sees the Top 5 again.

2015 - (#13 Bama vs #8 UGA) - Bama wins 38-10 and UGA collapses in the next 3 weeks

2017 - (#4 Bama vs #3 UGA) - Bama wins 26-23 in OT on a Walkoff DAGGER TD Pass for the CFPNC

2018 - (#1 Bama vs #4 UGA) - Bama wins 35-28 led by Jalen Hurts off the bench to win the SEC Title

2020 - (#2 Bama vs #3 UGA) - Bama wins 41-24 and UGA loses to Fla 2 weeks later to end their Division hopes.

To Summarize:

We ruined their 2008 right off the bat by burying them in their own funeral attire in Athens...and after they started the season as Pre-Season #1

We beat them so bad in 2015 that in 2 of the next three weeks they lost to Tennessee led by Josh Dobbs and then Florida led by Treon Harris.....TREON HARRIS

We cost them the SEC East and a SECCG Birth in 2020 and Possibly a CFBP Birth (If they win the 1st game they finish ahead of Fla, though we would have certainly beat them anyway in an SECCG Rematch - so win win for us either way...lol)

We directly cost them an SEC Title in 2012 with last minute heroics on a Dagger TD Pass and timely D

We directly cost them an SEC Title and a CFBP Birth in 2018 as the Backup QB comes off the bench and stuns them....again.

We directly cost them a certain National Championship in 2012 where they would have certainly beat that ND bunch.

We directly cost them a certain National Championship in 2017 in OT after not leading the game for a single second of time...as the TRUE Freshman Brigade (Tua, Smitty, Jeudy, Ruggs III, Najee) comes off the bench to completely overwhelm them and the Backup QB throws a DEATHBLOW TD PASS to another True Freshman WR as the Buzzer goes off.

You forgot some important details.

2012 - trailed by double digits with 20 minutes left
2017 - trailed by double digits with 10 minutes let
2018 - trailed by double digits with 19 minutes left

BAMA 22 HEISMAN

1st Team
Dec 13, 2009
I can't tell you how many UGA fans I hear on talk shows asking the host if they feel this is their year, can they beat Bama? Listen UGA, if you have to ask, you already know the answer.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

2015 is always a favorite of mine mainly because of all of the low-rent crap they were pulling prior to the game (rocking our bus, barking at us during warm ups, etc.)

last year's halftime antics showed us they did not learn from prior experience.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

To Summarize:

what makes it extra tasty is, i cannot imagine a scenario in the foreseeable future where they come anywhere close to having that kind of sustained success against us. we pretty much own them in perpetuity

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: tusks_n_raider

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
As my boss says about the UGA fanbase “those people have an overblown sense of importance for a program that has literally accomplished nothing in the last 40 years. They are more delusional that the Aubies….”

😂😂😂

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
2015 is always a favorite of mine mainly because of all of the low-rent crap they were pulling prior to the game (rocking our bus, barking at us during warm ups, etc.)

last year's halftime antics showed us they did not learn from prior experience.
My favorite too. The grief I got the week (and especially that Friday before the game) at work was awful. Then the deafening silence throughout Athens that Monday was pretty awesome. I didn't say a word beforehand, nor afterward. I was just content to be living rent-free in their heads.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.