SEC Team By Team/Player By Player NIL Value

Bamaatthebeach

1st Team
Feb 27, 2019
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
I honestly don't get this. My understanding when NIL started was that when someone like Najee Harris or Montana Fouts, well known, successful, popular athletes who would clearly inspire interest from companies who would want them to market their products--though they were forbidden from doing so since they were "amateurs" per the NCAA--would now be allowed to accept money for their recognizible image/reputation. Yet everybody on Bama's roster, even people who have never even played, seems to be listed, and freshman Campbell who I don't think has played has a greater value listed than starter Dallas Turner. I suppose that athletes are getting deals from businesses in their hometowns which account for this? I only looked at our team and not the others.

Again, I admit I don't get it, and it looks like a Pandora's box kicked wide open if there ever was one.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
I honestly don't get this. My understanding when NIL started was that when someone like Najee Harris or Montana Fouts, well known, successful, popular athletes who would clearly inspire interest from companies who would want them to market their products--though they were forbidden from doing so since they were "amateurs" per the NCAA--would now be allowed to accept money for their recognizible image/reputation. Yet everybody on Bama's roster, even people who have never even played, seems to be listed, and freshman Campbell who I don't think has played has a greater value listed than starter Dallas Turner. I suppose that athletes are getting deals from businesses in their hometowns which account for this? I only looked at our team and not the others.

Again, I admit I don't get it, and it looks like a Pandora's box kicked wide open if there ever was one.
you will not get the top rated recruits to come commit today without... money

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
I've looked for a while and it seems that the team spending the most on NIL is Alabama..... with Georgia and Ohio State tied for second.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Actual NIL money does not always come from someone that backs the school but probably flows this way for most players. Bryce Young does Nissan and Dr. Pepper commercials on national TV. I don't know what he is paid.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
When looking at the portal news, it is apparent that Bama has ~ 14 looking for more $$ even though the On3 projections show Bama the higher valued program.

aTm has 21 in the portal at this point, so the $$$ are apparently not getting to several of their players.

It is a very volatile environment these days.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The numbers shown are not actual, contracted numbers. it's On3's 'projection' of what they could be worth based on team, position, performance and personal brand.

So (no offense), they're pointless.

Reactions: B1GTide

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
No offense taken. I did read how the values were determined and understand that they are not ACTUAL $$$ in the players pockets. However, I think the players see this and the data is used by various parties to get inside the players heads.

Reactions: Tidelines

Bamaatthebeach

1st Team
Feb 27, 2019
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
The numbers shown are not actual, contracted numbers. it's On3's 'projection' of what they could be worth based on team, position, performance and personal brand.

Ok, thank you for pointing that out. I hadn't read closely enough.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.