Second Impeachment of Trump

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I certainly wish Leahy the best.

It would throw a wrench into things if he were to die. The governor of Vermont is a Republican but has indicated he would have appointed an independent affiliated with the Democrats if Sanders had joined Biden’s cabinet. But it would create a Republican majority for a few days. And if a Democrat does take the seat, it puts Dianne Feinstein as pro tem.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Mind as well strip impeachment from the constitution if this trial fails to get a conviction. If you can’t convict a president for trying to overthrow his own government then what’s the point of having the law?
The problem is that the GOP is so corrupt. Senators who were saying 2 weeks ago that they supported impeachment are now saying that they do not. We have even more evidence of Trump's guilt, but they have changed their story.

To be clear - they are never and were never going to vote Trump guilty unless the America people march in the streets to make it happen, and the American people have moved on.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
So this will be a charade of a trial with zero chance of a conviction. Great, more wasted time in the middle of a deadly pandemic. Look, I was all for this trial when it looked like there was a small chance of a conviction. Now that has gone out the window, just move on.

If democrats are not going to get serious about holding other GOP members accountable for the things they have enabled and supported, then of course those GOP members will flock back to Trump. He's still very popular among republican voters and, at this point, there have been few consequence for being a die hard Trumper.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: UAH and B1GTide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
So this will be a charade of a trial with zero chance of a conviction. Great, more wasted time in the middle of a deadly pandemic. Look, I was all for this trial when it looked like there was a small chance of a conviction. Now that has gone out the window, just move on.

If democrats are not going to get serious about holding other GOP members accountable for the things they have enabled and supported, then of course those GOP members will flock back to Trump. He's still very popular among republicans voters and, at this point, there have been few consequence from being a die hard Trumper.
what else would you have the democrats do to hold the gop members accountable?

Reactions: seebell

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Here ya go Earle. Why does the family of the dead rioter need a lawyer?

I won't question the representation. OTOH, it was a puzzling appointment to many. Mark has been on the NASA advisory board (IIRC) for years and he's interviewed on TV for NASA-related matters. I just didn't know he had any agricultural interests. (I'll probably hear from him for this post.) :)

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell and Jon

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
what else would you have the democrats do to hold the gop members accountable?
Threaten those members who continue to support a man that incited an insurrection with expulsion from congress. Germany purged itself of Hitler supporters after WWII by removing them from positions of power. That needs to happen here with Trump supporters.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Threaten those members who continue to support a man that incited an insurrection with expulsion from congress. Germany purged itself of Hitler supporters after WWII by removing them from positions of power. That needs to happen here with Trump supporters.
i'm not positive, but i think the threshold for expulsion is pretty high. as long as the gop remains intransigent and completely loyal to their white christian nationalist base, it's going to be impossible for dems to do that.

what they do have is committee hearings and there will be plenty on the insurrection and failed coup attempt and those who incited the masses. the upcoming impeachment trial will bring a lot of things to light regardless of the gop's lack of support for conviction. it's not like the democrats are sitting back and doing nothing.

it is the gop and their base that are putting on a full court press to pretend this never happened.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
i'm not positive, but i think the threshold for expulsion is pretty high. as long as the gop remains intransigent and completely loyal to their white christian nationalist base, it's going to be impossible for dems to do that.

what they do have is committee hearings and there will be plenty on the insurrection and failed coup attempt and those who incited the masses. the upcoming impeachment trial will bring a lot of things to light regardless of the gop's lack of support for conviction. it's not like the democrats are sitting back and doing nothing.

it is the gop and their base that are putting on a full court press to pretend this never happened.
Make the effort, even if you fail. It can be used against them in the next election cycle.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH and 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Make the effort, even if you fail. It can be used against them in the next election cycle.
unlike the last trial in the senate, the dems control the agenda and there will be plenty of sworn testimony.

the white christian nationalist puke funnel will be cranked up to 11, but it remains to be seen if they still have the ability to shift the narrative at a whim without trump in a position of power.

• Thank You
Reactions: Bamaro and B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
unlike the last trial in the senate, the dems control the agenda and there will be plenty of sworn testimony.

the white christian nationalist puke funnel will be cranked up to 11, but it remains to be seen if they still have the ability to shift the narrative at a whim without trump in a position of power.
That's my point - get the information in front of Americans. If they are not convicted, list out all of that treachery for months leading into the next election cycle. Use it against the people who conspired, and those who helped protect them.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
That's my point - get the information in from of Americans. If they are not convicted, list out all of that treachery for months leading into the next election cycle. Use it against the people who conspired, and those who helped protect them.
i also wish folks would stop framing it as the democrats failing, or coming up short. they are doing their damned jobs. it is the republicans and their voters who are and have been failing our country.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.