Question: Seeking advice/suggestion about dealing with someone else's insurance for a car accident?

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Maybe I should have started a new thread but, seeking a little advice...

Yesterday I received a "Mandatory Liability Insurance Verification Notice" asking me to verify that the 2012 Corolla had liability insurance on 4/6/2022. Problem is, I have not had that car since the wreck on 1/12/2022. I signed the title over to All States scrap yard on 1/27/2022. This is what I found on the www.besuretoinsureal.com:

If the vehicle was not insured on the insurance verification date due to the vehicle being sold, stored, or otherwise unused (i.e. exempt), the following conditions must be met:
1. The license plate must be surrendered to the local licensing office with in thirty(30) calendar days from the date the MLI verification notice was sent to the registrant.
2. The exemption has not been claimed previously during the current registration period for the vehicle.
3. The vehicle was not involved in an accident during the lapse in coverage.
4. The registrant or driver of the vehicle was not issued a citation during the lapse in coverage.
I will never be able to get that license plate back, the car has been at Co-Parts in Tanner, AL since January. There was no lapse in coverage, I canceled the coverage because it was totaled and I no longer owned the car, All-state (Co-Parts) is now the legal owner.

I'm not sure what do next.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.