Select Committee on January 6 Insurrection report...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Maybe I'm naive, but I actually do. I mean, let's be clear: IF you get a trial to a jury, they're gonna rule correctly about 99.9% of the time. The obvious misses like, say, OJ Simpson or perhaps Casey Anthony tend to involve celebrities, horribly bad lawyers who probably should be selling aluminum siding in Yazoo City, or some combination of both.

The more difficult thing might be getting it to trial in the first place. Trump was never at any time popular with even a majority of the population (his highest approval rating ever was 47%, and his ratings were the most consistent over a four-year period perhaps of any President ever). And we have about 60% of folks thinking he needs to be charged in this thing anyway.

If we can find a jury of 12 people in the city of DC that had never even heard of the name "Oliver North," we can impanel a jury of 12 people capable of handing down justice on Mango Mussolini, too.
All it takes is 1 maga fool on the jury to force a mis-trial.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
There is ZERO chance Trump will get a jury conviction. Based on the % of people who support Trump an average jury would have 2-3 silent supporters. Also, how do you possibly protect said jury from tampering? Lastly, if you did get a conviction you would likely have to put the judge, jury, and prosecuting counsel in a witness protection program...

The only solution is to put his enablers in jail.

All it takes is 1 maga fool on the jury to force a mis-trial.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
There is ZERO chance Trump will get a jury conviction. Based on the % of people who support Trump an average jury would have 2-3 silent supporters. Also, how do you possibly protect said jury from tampering? Lastly, if you did get a conviction you would likely have to put the judge, jury, and prosecuting counsel in a witness protection program...

and to think, that idiot was a tabloid/gossip rag sideshow until nbc graced us with his "no-holds-barred business acumen"

Reactions: UAH and Jon

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Yup but I still hope he gets charged and has to go to trial. Let it be known that the mistrial was 11 to 1 in favor of conviction.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
The bottom line for me is unless there is a price to pay for what he’s done then there is no deterrent to someone doing it again. To let him skate just invites a replay.

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The bottom line for me is unless there is a price to pay for what he’s done then there is no deterrent to someone doing it again. To let him skate just invites a replay.
The problem is that when he's acquitted, assuming that as the most probably outcome, he runs again as the victim of the Deep State. His base will rally to that. It's definitely a two-edged sword...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.