Select Committee on January 6 Insurrection report...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That word gets thrown around a lot. Treason is the only crime defined in the Constitution:

Article III, Section 3, Clause 1: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

"Enemies" (capitalized) has been construed to mean that there must be an actual, declared war. Therefore, there can be no treason in peacetime...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
That was some powerful testimony today.

I don't think at this point anything legal will come from all of this as far as the former president being charged.

However there is some political damage - and that's really what many wanted anyway, IMHO.

2024 is a ways off - so who knows how things work out. Good topic for a different thread and convo.....

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

I don't think at this point anything legal will come from all of this as far as the former president being charged.

However there is some political damage - and that's really what many wanted anyway, IMHO.

2024 is a ways off - so who knows how things work out. Good topic for a different thread and convo.....
If Trump isn't charged we may as well declare an autocracy and invite him in early to take it over.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I wouldn't be too sure about that...

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

I dont see how he can not be charged although I dont know how an impartial jury could ever be impanneled. 1 maga fool gets through and its a guaranteed mistrial.

Reactions: MobtownK and Jon

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Not my field of expertise so I will defer to someone more qualified to answer.

Maybe Earle can offer his opinion?
Quite the cop out, IMHO; but I thought you likely would not answer.

If Trump ran for president today would you vote for him?

Would you vote for anyone who supports his lies and activities furthering the plot to overthrow our elected government?

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: UAH and Jon

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Do you believe the former president committed at least one felony from the testimony so far?

Do you believe he should be charged with a crime?

If so, what?

If not, why not?
I think he has, obstruction of justice and obstruction of a governmental function, or however it's designated, plus more. One table of possible offenses is below. Personally, I believe he should be prosecuted because of the effect on our system of justice, if he's not . There is a downside. If he's charged and prosecuted and is not convicted, it's predictable that he will claim that it completely clears him and means innocence and there may be large numbers of people on the fence who will buy that...

Table

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I think he has, obstruction of justice and obstruction of a governmental function, or however it's designated, plus more. One table of possible offenses is below. Personally, I believe he should be prosecuted because of the effect on our system of justice, if he's not . There is a downside. If he's charged and prosecuted and is not convicted, it's predictable that he will claim that it completely clears him and means innocence and there may be large numbers of people on the fence who will buy that...

Table
As you implied above, I'm betting there are tons of 'stop the steal' Trump supporters out there that are spinning / ignoring this as we speak. - literally don't care because they believe he's the 'rightful' POTUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.