Select Committee on January 6 Insurrection report...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Maybe if Ornato says something dishonest to discredit CH it will provoke Cippiolini (sp?) to grow a spine and testify.
In a number of decades of law practice, I've gotten pretty good at detecting a lie. You have to. If she were lying, and I don't buy the theory that she was just to hurt the committee, she's an actress of Academy Award level or the biggest psychopath on earth (the two may not be that far apart). Everything which has been said about her from people who know her is inconsistent with thats being the case...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It may even be that the committee already has corroborating testimony but has to hold it close to the vest for now.

But to be honest with you, that small portion seems like a tempest in a teapot and just another distraction from the main theme.

Trump knew the crowd was armed and pointed them at the Capitol without regard to anything.

That implies, at best, complete disregard for the safety of those in the Capitol, and at worst intent to harm those in the Capitol.

Given his later actions after being told the situation was bad enough that the crowd inside the Capitol was shouting for Pence to be hanged and he tweeted his grievance with Pence instead of taking steps to calm the situation his intent is clear as day.
This is important. Numerous people have said Trump was anxious to get to the Capitol and pull a Mussolini. The limo action is just a small byplay...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
How about this for a delicious detail: Jody Hunt, CH’s new lawyer who evidently helped her decide to testify in public, is a former Chief of Staff for Jeff Sessions.

Some say revenge gets better the longer it ages, it sure looks like ol’ Jeff has the last laugh.

I thought every word said by CH was the truth. She was completely credible.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
This is important. Numerous people have said Trump was anxious to get to the Capitol and pull a Mussolini. The limo action is just a small byplay...
We seem focused on the teapot while a terrible storm rages all around. The attention just seems out of proportion and plays right into the Trump playbook. (not to say there should be no discussion, just pointing out the obvious)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
How about this for a delicious detail: Jody Hunt, CH’s new lawyer who evidently helped her decide to testify in public, is a former Chief of Staff for Jeff Sessions.

Some say revenge gets better the longer it ages, it sure looks like ol’ Jeff has the last laugh.

I thought every word said by CH was the truth. She was completely credible.
That's the change of lawyer I mentioned. Before Hunt, she was being represented by a lawyer close to Trump...

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH and MobtownK

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I like the committee’s response…”Let those that disagree with her testimony do it under oath. Next question? “

I agree this detail will be used by right wingers as a distraction, but they always find something to hang their hat on.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Quite the cop out, IMHO; but I thought you likely would not answer.

If Trump ran for president today would you vote for him?

Would you vote for anyone who supports his lies and activities furthering the plot to overthrow our elected government?
Not a "cop out" - I answered your question. You just wanted me to say something different, I suppose.

2024 is a long way off and much can happen between now and then.

As of this moment though.....it's gonna be a write in for me......;)

Why-Floridas-Billy-Napier-has-the-edge-over-LSUs-Brian.jpg

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
this dude was a key player in the rise of the tea party and later trump. seems like he’s trying to separate himself
Definitely. I do remember hearing, while he was acting CoS, Trump really didn't like him and he was a fallback choice. He never changed his status from "acting." May be no love lost...

Reactions: 92tide and Jon

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Not a "cop out" - I answered your question. You just wanted me to say something different, I suppose.

2024 is a long way off and much can happen between now and then.

As of this moment though.....it's gonna be a write in for me......;)

View attachment 26140
I've been hearing that Trump's polling is slumping. I've said all along that these hearings will make a difference only with independents and back-sliding Democrats. However, even it knocks 2-3% off Trump's 30% base, that's significant...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
this dude was a key player in the rise of the tea party and later trump. seems like he’s trying to separate himself
I was just thinking we could see him as Liz Cheney’s veep running mate in 2024 when she runs for President.

How about this scenario…Trump is renominated by the GOP after ducking criminal charges but Liz runs as an Independent, to serve as Trump’s spoiler. Bleed off enough votes to throw it to the Dem.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Brett Baird's reaction to yesterday's testimony. I would describe as stunned! First 2-3 minutes of video!
It’s good to hear Brett tell the truth. If Trump has lost Fox he’s done.

It looks like Brett uses the same orange face makeup that we see on Trump. Look around the edges. 😀

Reactions: UAH and Go Bama

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
We seem focused on the teapot while a terrible storm rages all around. The attention just seems out of proportion and plays right into the Trump playbook. (not to say there should be no discussion, just pointing out the obvious)
as is denying while not under oath, claiming to be willing to testify to "clear things up" and then stonewalling the actual testimony, see Gini Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.