Senior Bowl: Mac Jones accepts invite

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It is very odd that the NFL is going forward with the Senior Bowl while canceling the Combine.

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
It is very odd that the NFL is going forward with the Senior Bowl while canceling the Combine.
I don't think the NFL has any say in the Senior Bowl except for the TV rights. It used to be broadcast on regular tv going back to the time when everyone just received a handful of channels. I'm 67 and used to watch it as a kid in the 60's on local channels.

Rolltide51

1st Team
Nov 24, 2019
I don't think the NFL has any say in the Senior Bowl except for the TV rights. It used to be broadcast on regular tv going back to the time when everyone just received a handful of channels. I'm 67 and used to watch it as a kid in the 60's on local channels.
are you old enoguh to remember the college all-stars against the nfl? good times.

TIDETOWN

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 5, 2007
are you old enoguh to remember the college all-stars against the nfl? good times.
I am, I had forgot about these games till you mentioned them. I was 10 years old in 1963 when the college all stars defeated the prior years nfl champion Green Bay Packers, after which Vince Lombardi stated that was the most embarrassed he had ever been after a football game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rolltide51 and CB4

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I am, I had forgot about these games till you mentioned them. I was 10 years old in 1963 when the college all stars defeated the prior years nfl champion Green Bay Packers, after which Vince Lombardi stated that was the most embarrassed he had ever been after a football game.
The saddest thing is how the series ended:

From Wikipedia:

The final game took place in 1976 during a torrential downpour at Soldier Field on July 23.[11][12][13] Despite featuring star players such as Chuck Muncie, Mike Pruitt, Lee Roy Selmon, and Jackie Slater, the all-stars were hopelessly outmatched by the Pittsburgh Steelers, winners of consecutive Super Bowls (IX, X). The star quarterback for the College All-Stars was Steeler draft pick Mike Kruczekof Boston College, but he left in the first quarter due to a thigh injury, and after backup Craig Penrose of San Diego State suffered a broken finger, Jeb Blount of Tulsa played most of the game.[11][14]

With 1:22 remaining in the third quarter and the Steelers leading 24–0, high winds and lightning prompted all-stars coach Ara Parseghian to call for a time out. Fans subsequently invaded the field and began sliding on the turf, and with the rain continuing to fall heavily, the officials ordered both teams to their locker rooms. Despite the efforts of officials, security and Chicago Police, all attempts to clear the field failed, and a group of drunk fans tore down the goalposts at the southern end of the stadium. However, by this time, the torrential rain had left parts of the field under 18 inches (45.5 cm) of water, meaning it would have been unplayable in any event.

At 11:01 pm CDT, NFL Commissioner Pete Rozelle and the Tribune announced that the game had been called. The news was greeted with jeers, and numerous brawls broke out on the flooded field before order was finally restored. Joe Washington of Oklahoma was selected MVP of the final College All-Star game.[15]

————————-
I sawed a video clip from this final game a few weeks ago. The end was an absolute zoo.

• Sad
Reactions: TIDETOWN and Con

TIDETOWN

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 5, 2007
The saddest thing is how the series ended:

From Wikipedia:

The final game took place in 1976 during a torrential downpour at Soldier Field on July 23.[11][12][13] Despite featuring star players such as Chuck Muncie, Mike Pruitt, Lee Roy Selmon, and Jackie Slater, the all-stars were hopelessly outmatched by the Pittsburgh Steelers, winners of consecutive Super Bowls (IX, X). The star quarterback for the College All-Stars was Steeler draft pick Mike Kruczekof Boston College, but he left in the first quarter due to a thigh injury, and after backup Craig Penrose of San Diego State suffered a broken finger, Jeb Blount of Tulsa played most of the game.[11][14]

With 1:22 remaining in the third quarter and the Steelers leading 24–0, high winds and lightning prompted all-stars coach Ara Parseghian to call for a time out. Fans subsequently invaded the field and began sliding on the turf, and with the rain continuing to fall heavily, the officials ordered both teams to their locker rooms. Despite the efforts of officials, security and Chicago Police, all attempts to clear the field failed, and a group of drunk fans tore down the goalposts at the southern end of the stadium. However, by this time, the torrential rain had left parts of the field under 18 inches (45.5 cm) of water, meaning it would have been unplayable in any event.

At 11:01 pm CDT, NFL Commissioner Pete Rozelle and the Tribune announced that the game had been called. The news was greeted with jeers, and numerous brawls broke out on the flooded field before order was finally restored. Joe Washington of Oklahoma was selected MVP of the final College All-Star game.[15]

————————-
I sawed a video clip from this final game a few weeks ago. The end was an absolute zoo.
Amazingly the final record was 31-9-2. Who would of believed the college all-stars would win 9 of these games. Most of these games were well received by the public with 3 of these games going over 100,000 in attendance during the 1940's. Source Wikipedia

Reactions: OSUTideFan and CB4

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
Amazingly the final record was 31-9-2. Who would of believed the college all-stars would win 9 of these games. Most of these games were well received by the public with 3 of these games going over 100,000 in attendance during the 1940's. Source Wikipedia
And here’s what Cleveland Browns fans have to say about this:
7A923CA8-BB43-4782-8389-2E83B5D17A8C.jpeg

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.