Sergio Aguero to retire from football (soccer) due to cardiac arrythmia

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Mods please allow me to post this on the Football board so all fellow Man City fans can see it.

Sergio Aguero, greatest foreign striker in EPL history, had to retire from football (soccer) today due to cardiac arrythmia. My new avatar is Sergio in honor of the joy he has given me as a City fan. Read more at mancity.com about this amazing player.

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL
It's good he got to play many years before this cropped up. I could imagine a younger Sergio thinking he could play through it and bad things could happen. Still not the way you want to retire.

My son was excited to see him play for Barca. He's a huge Messi fan thus became a huge Barca fan, so much so that his graduation gift was a trip to Barcelona to watch them play back 4 years ago.

denver

All-SEC
Nov 11, 2017
Mods please allow me to post this on the Football board so all fellow Man City fans can see it.

Sergio Aguero, greatest foreign striker in EPL history, had to retire from football (soccer) today due to cardiac arrythmia. My new avatar is Sergio in honor of the joy he has given me as a City fan. Read more at mancity.com about this amazing player.
From a Leeds fan, especially after that beatdown yesterday, I have to say its sad day. Great striker and a memorable goal to make him a Citeh legend. Hope he enjoys his retirement. MoT.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Sergio Aguero is a great player and his career was abruptly ended prematurely as have hundreds more in European Football this year due to heart problems. I pray for them and all of us.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
From a Leeds fan, especially after that beatdown yesterday, I have to say its sad day. Great striker and a memorable goal to make him a Citeh legend. Hope he enjoys his retirement. MoT.
Leeds surprised me yesterday just how open they played. Bielsa is a great coach but even Pep has had to adjust to the Premier League.

Latest threads

Shop the TideFans.shop !

Your purchase through our TideFans.shop links helps support the site! Thanks!