Seriously, Bama could still get in the top4, if tcu gets blown out by 17 points or more..?

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
The committee Job is to get the best four out there. We all know that and based on what’s left Alabama is one of the four best. What scares me is my conversation with David Pollack in Montana at Logan’s Pass when he stated that everyone in the ESPN studio is united in cheering against Alabama and that includes everyone’s favorite Herbstriet. SMH

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I honestly don’t want any part of K State. Not that I think they have more talent—they don’t. But they will play their hearts out while we will likely not even have our best players. I’d almost rather go to one of the minor bowls right now and get a win than have a repeat of the sugar bowl 2009/2014.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Just checked my FB page and guess who EVERYBODY that talking about college football is talking about???

Yep...it's all about not wanting to see BAMA in at #4.

BTW, apparently, the reason the playoff is going to 12 teams is not to help others get into the playoff but to help BAMA always get in.

Even when we aren't the top team, we are the most hated/admired/feared!!!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
The committee Job is to get the best four out there. We all know that and based on what’s left Alabama is one of the four best. What scares me is my conversation with David Pollack in Montana at Logan’s Pass when he stated that everyone in the ESPN studio is united in cheering against Alabama and that includes everyone’s favorite Herbstriet. SMH
😒again, my surprised face.
I know some have an issue with this being said, but I can’t help how the truth makes people feel. Bama fatigue is real; don’t know why some can’t see it, it’s more widespread now than it’s ever been.
Glad they’re going to a 12 team playoff, but mark this down: Bama won’t back into a playoff spot next year either. They either win the West (and probably the SEC) or they go to the orange or sugar. Hope the players understand how much everyone hates Bama; maybe it’ll motivate them.

Reactions: Windsortide

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm old.

In 1990, the media was slobbering all over "hey, we all know Miami would roll Colorado and Georgia Tech, we need a playoff!" Two losses (to BYU and Notre Dame) didn't diminish the "Miami is the best team" nonsense. The fact Miami had lost head-to-head to Notre Dame? They didn't care.

In 1992, the media spent November telling me Alabama wasn't going to go undefeated, December telling me Alabama couldn't beat Miami, and January telling me that if Alabama had just had to play "the best team Florida State" it might have been different.

In 1993, the same media told me that Florida State's head-to-head loss to Notre Dame was somehow erased by the Irish losing to Boston College...and the fact unbeaten Nebraska and WVA had those records was atrocious because "they didn't play anybody" (even though WVA played the same basic schedule Miami did every year sans Florida St - who they would have faced in a just world).

In 1998, the media told me we finally had a true national championship game - and got bailed out only by collapses on the final day IN A CONFERENCE TITLE GAME by Kansas St and by UCLA crapping the bed against Miami in a makeup game.

In 2000, the media told me that it wasn't right that Florida St played for the title because they lost head-to-head to Miami but conveniently ignored the fact Miami lost by even more points (which supposedly mattered) to one-loss Washington.

In 2001, the media told me it was outrageous that Nebraska got to play for the championship because: a) they didn't win their division; b) they lost their last game by 26 points. They said either a one-loss Oregon or a TWO-loss Colorado was more deserving.

In 2006, the media spent all season talking up a rematch and then complained when they didn't get it.

In 2010, the media complained it wasn't fair that unbeaten TCU didn't get a chance.

In 2011, the media told me that "Alabama ALREADY HAD THEIR CHANCE AT HOME" against LSU and THEREFORE Oklahoma St should go play LSU for the title; the fact Okie St had a loss to pathetic Iowa St? Well, that was because the basketball coaches were killed in a plane crash and after taking a 24-7 lead, the Pokes apparently got all depressed at the same time and only scored 7 points.

In 2014, the media told me that Ohio St should go in over TCU because they beat more good teams by more points.

In 2017, the media told me that a two-loss team SHOULD go if they won their conference championship over a one-loss team, losses be damned.

So......why not tell the media to take a hike?

Will this year's selection be like, well.....it's going to be like ONE of the others, we just don't know for sure which one at this point.

(I'll be shocked if it's NOT UGA, Michigan, Ohio St, TCU, though).

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I'm old.

In 1990, the media was slobbering all over "hey, we all know Miami would roll Colorado and Georgia Tech, we need a playoff!" Two losses (to BYU and Notre Dame) didn't diminish the "Miami is the best team" nonsense. The fact Miami had lost head-to-head to Notre Dame? They didn't care.

In 1992, the media spent November telling me Alabama wasn't going to go undefeated, December telling me Alabama couldn't beat Miami, and January telling me that if Alabama had just had to play "the best team Florida State" it might have been different.

In 1993, the same media told me that Florida State's head-to-head loss to Notre Dame was somehow erased by the Irish losing to Boston College...and the fact unbeaten Nebraska and WVA had those records was atrocious because "they didn't play anybody" (even though WVA played the same basic schedule Miami did every year sans Florida St - who they would have faced in a just world).

In 1998, the media told me we finally had a true national championship game - and got bailed out only by collapses on the final day IN A CONFERENCE TITLE GAME by Kansas St and by UCLA crapping the bed against Miami in a makeup game.

In 2000, the media told me that it wasn't right that Florida St played for the title because they lost head-to-head to Miami but conveniently ignored the fact Miami lost by even more points (which supposedly mattered) to one-loss Washington.

In 2001, the media told me it was outrageous that Nebraska got to play for the championship because: a) they didn't win their division; b) they lost their last game by 26 points. They said either a one-loss Oregon or a TWO-loss Colorado was more deserving.

In 2006, the media spent all season talking up a rematch and then complained when they didn't get it.

In 2010, the media complained it wasn't fair that unbeaten TCU didn't get a chance.

In 2011, the media told me that "Alabama ALREADY HAD THEIR CHANCE AT HOME" against LSU and THEREFORE Oklahoma St should go play LSU for the title; the fact Okie St had a loss to pathetic Iowa St? Well, that was because the basketball coaches were killed in a plane crash and after taking a 24-7 lead, the Pokes apparently got all depressed at the same time and only scored 7 points.

In 2014, the media told me that Ohio St should go in over TCU because they beat more good teams by more points.

In 2017, the media told me that a two-loss team SHOULD go if they won their conference championship over a one-loss team, losses be damned.

So......why not tell the media to take a hike?

Will this year's selection be like, well.....it's going to be like ONE of the others, we just don't know for sure which one at this point.

(I'll be shocked if it's NOT UGA, Michigan, Ohio St, TCU, though).
You ain’t that old…your memory might be.
Up until a couple of years ago I was active on social media. I’ve never given much credibility to sports media - most were failed athletes or real life geeks who thought their opinions mattered, and were able to convince media moguls to pay them (looking at you Finebaum). Stirring up controversy is the currency in which they deal; a few former players/coaches do offer insight and sensible commentary sometimes.
Saban has earned a great deal of respect with fans across the country, but people still hate him…and Bama. They jump at any excuse to trash Bama or Saban. Media has just picked up on the opportunity to feed the hungry masses what they want: dissing Bama at every opportunity.
The overwhelming majority of the media haters won’t bend the knee unless/until Bama wins them all. Bama loses one or two, it’s time to pile on; gotta feed the fan hate.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: Jay Hughes

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Bama fatigue is real and the decision makers are quietly happy bama is on the outside looking in.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I hope I am wrong, and my wife adamantly believes me to be wrong.
That’s just the pure Bama fan coming out in her. I think if LSU would have beaten Georgia, that would have helped our case , and if Michigan were to lose, that would show all teams have flaws. But it’s wait until next year for Bama

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
So…is it possible for Michigan to lose and not drop a spot? To an unranked team? How can that not matter????
Two of the top four have lost; I ain’t saying Purdue’s gonna win but I just watched them march the length of the field and score a TD.
What I’m saying is….contrary to everything I’ve been saying for a week. Michigan cannot lose to an unranked team and not drop more than two spots. That defies…everything. Can’t put OSU ahead of them because they beat them….so they do nothing?
I hope and pray Purdue wins now….because chaos will ensue and the CFP committee members might have to go into hiding after tomorrow. I love it.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
So…is it possible for Michigan to lose and not drop a spot? To an unranked team? How can that not matter????
Two of the top four have lost; I ain’t saying Purdue’s gonna win but I just watched them march the length of the field and score a TD.
What I’m saying is….contrary to everything I’ve been saying for a week. Michigan cannot lose to an unranked team and not drop more than two spots. That defies…everything. Can’t put OSU ahead of them because they beat them….so they do nothing?
I hope and pray Purdue wins now….because chaos will ensue and the CFP committee members might have to go into hiding after tomorrow. I love it.
Purdue is going to win!

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
If you are a neutral its obvious, but if you arent its a case of Bama fatigue and Anyone but Bama who should be in

Reactions: twofbyc

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.