Seriously, Bama could still get in the top4, if tcu gets blown out by 17 points or more..?

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Shouldn’t quality of losses be just as important as quality of wins? If TCU gets “USCed” and losses by +14, they do not deserve a playoff spot, period.

But this still makes me mad that we were so close. A simple adjustment by the defense in either game, and this is a non issue.
Or just running the ball against UT before the field goal try. That was probably the biggest game management blunder CNS has had during his tenure.

If Purdue upset Michigan today that would seem to further tarnish the OSU resume. I just don't see how you get in the playoffs if your last game was getting blown out, dominated, on your home field.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I will eat crow and admit I was wrong if Bama makes the playoffs. If the committee crawfishes from last week, then they are going to be reviled by many. They have already indicated (not said outright) there is no way for Bama to make the playoffs; if that changes there will be a lot of hostility from Bama haters across the country.
The goal has always been the four best teams in the playoffs, and at this point that SHOULD be defined by the results of their last game ( circumstances of the outcome have to be considered or else what’s the point?). It will be for USC; it won’t be for OSU. And I’m not certain it will be for TCU either. Committee guy said they’re getting away from considering “recency of loss(es)” as ranking criteria. I think if they do that they have zero credibility and will become like a certain political party and choose who they want for the spots, regardless of what the criteria (or the voters) say.
Again: I don’t think KSU beats TCU. But I didn’t think Utah would beat SC either, so it shows how much I know. 🤷‍🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼
Where did “they” imply that? I didn’t get to watch the show so I’m asking legitimately because I haven’t seen that.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
One thing I thought about was what happened to TCU in 2014 when the committee dropped them from the top 4 at the end and there was a lot of backlash about it. Could the committee decide to put them in this time no matter what amounting to a "makeup call" for 2014?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
One thing I thought about was what happened to TCU in 2014 when the committee dropped them from the top 4 at the end and there was a lot of backlash about it. Could the committee decide to put them in this time no matter what amounting to a "makeup call" for 2014?
Crap, I had not thought about that.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If we don't make it, it won't be because of the dreaded Bama fatigue, makeup calls for TCU, anti-SEC bias or anything else but one thing: we lost two games.

Period.

TCU getting plowed MIGHT - MIGHT - allow us to fill the inside straight and make it, but right now it's more of like when we shocked LSU in the final 2:30 of the 1998 game where they knocked us all over the field and damned if we didn't win it.

I'm not expecting it, but sure I'd welcome it.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
The 2 losses will be too much to overcome,guys.Please don’t set yourselves up for disappointment.
It's going to depend on how today's Big-12 CG goes.

If KSU wins a close one then TCU will probably still get in at #4

If KSU wins by 14+ then all bets are off.

Alabama has a SOS of 8 to TCUs 36

Alabama has a Game Control Ranking of 3rd to TCUs 13th

TCU has flirted with disaster all year long and if they were to lose to KSU by a large margin it might expose them as a team who was lucky to make it this far.

KSU is also a similar caliber opponent to Tenn and LSU on paper.

So, Two losses by 4 points to them may trump a 14+ point loss to KSU.

• Thank You
Reactions: NationalTitles18

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
And not a word about OSU being punked at home by 3 TDs right?
Only as it relates to ranking order. The consensus is the 4 teams are set. Ranking is the only thing up for grabs. Herbie even responded when someone shouted ‘We want Bama’ that teams should be shouting ‘We want Georgia’.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Keep hearing that TCU shouldn't be punished by losing in their conference championship. OK, but playing in a conference championship isn't integral to getting a spot in the playoff, right?

So, if they were to lose, the debate should really be is a TCU team at 11-1 better than a Bama team at 10-2???

I'm not qualified to say, but I think that should be where the debate begins and ends.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.