Link: Shane Beamer burns a Vols fan

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Shane Beamer used his opportunity to join the SEC Network coverage of the SEC Championship Game on Saturday to return fire to a Tennessee fan, who criticized the promotion of Beamer being with “Marty and McGee” and “SEC Nation.”

“I would rather listen to my wife’s fingernails on a chalkboard,” the fan tweeted.
If your wife's fingernails are scratching down a chalkboard, you're doing something wrong...

Swanny

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2004
I think that this is a mistake on Beamer's part. I thought I saw him jawing at a Tennessee player at the end of their beatdown. And if I remember correctly, didnt someone mention that during the 2018 semi-final against Oklahoma in Miami, that there were OU assistant coaches talking smack to Bama players before the game? Beamer was an assistant on their staff at the time. :unsure: Nothing to gain by doing this.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think that this is a mistake on Beamer's part. I thought I saw him jawing at a Tennessee player at the end of their beatdown. And if I remember correctly, didnt someone mention that during the 2018 semi-final against Oklahoma in Miami, that there were OU assistant coaches talking smack to Bama players before the game? Beamer was an assistant on their staff at the time. :unsure: Nothing to gain by doing this.
I haven't figured Shane Beamer out yet, personality-wise. My first thoughts the first time I saw him do a post-game press conference was "Man, he has some very over-the-top mannerisms and facial expressions". I've since watched several interviews he's done and it seems he is a very emotional person, almost akin to the personality type of a special teams coach or a S&C coach. He is very vocal, almost "rah-rah" type.

Reactions: B1GTide

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Didn't see the issue with that. Kiffin does the same thing. What's the difference?

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
Didn't see the issue with that. Kiffin does the same thing. What's the difference?

... No difference, as I see it.

Both, Beamer and Kiffin, appear to be spoiled, immature offspring of a great football coach.

Their behavior seems to exhibit a sense of entitlement.

Just my observation only.

I could be wrong... my wife says I usually am ;)

Reactions: teamplayer

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I haven't figured Shane Beamer out yet, personality-wise. My first thoughts the first time I saw him do a post-game press conference was "Man, he has some very over-the-top mannerisms and facial expressions". I've since watched several interviews he's done and it seems he is a very emotional person, almost akin to the personality type of a special teams coach or a S&C coach. He is very vocal, almost "rah-rah" type.
Typical Va Tech....but the vol guy deserved it big-time most likely if I judge his reaction to Beamer to be something other than the man's demeanor or voice. Not a fan of VPI.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Typical Va Tech....but the vol guy deserved it big-time most likely if I judge his reaction to Beamer to be something other than the man's demeanor or voice. Not a fan of VPI.
Not a fan of those toothless, inbred, 3rd grade dropouts, barefoot hillbillies that rumble out of their hollers in their shinny haulers every time there’s a game at Neyland and act like their world champs when they win a game; like getting on first on an error and acting like you hit a grand salami in the bottom of the 9th to win game 7 of the WS by one run.
Not a fan of VPI either, but ask me how I feel about Tennessee….

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Not a fan of those toothless, inbred, 3rd grade dropouts, barefoot hillbillies that rumble out of their hollers in their shinny haulers every time there’s a game at Neyland and act like their world champs when they win a game; like getting on first on an error and acting like you hit a grand salami in the bottom of the 9th to win game 7 of the WS by one run.
…or as Jim Harbaugh said…”someone that’s born on 3rd base and acts like they hit a triple.”
Not a Harbaugh fan, but that was funny, even if he stole it…🤣

Reactions: B1GTide

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Some people have difficulty in the expression of their emotions. They lean inward and rarely speak their minds. They are generally described as...introverts. I don't think that describes you at all does it? 😆😆

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.