Share your experience if you went to College Station, please.

TideLegacy

Scout Team
Nov 22, 2005
Dallas, TX
See my post on the Jess game preview to know my connections. Glad you all had a great time. I met CJ Mosely's dad on the way in and he and the Mosley family had a great time. All Bama fans I talked to after the game had a great experience. Of course it was a great game, at least for the offensive players. Anyway, as for Kyle Field, the east and west sides are awful, old, poor restrooms and concessions, narrow concourses, very outdated. Only the north endzone, which is new (since '99) is really up to standards. Kyle Field is currently undergoing a major redevelopment to bring it up to standards of Bryant-Denny, UGA, etc. 100K capacity (sold out going forward), new wide concourses, concessions, restrooms, ramps, escalators, etc. Right now it is a great stadium once you are in your seat, but it is a dump with circa 1960 soviet-block architecture! Anyway, when you come back in 2015, you will be greeted by this:

tidegrandpa

All-American
See my post on the Jess game preview to know my connections. Glad you all had a great time. I met CJ Mosely's dad on the way in and he and the Mosley family had a great time. All Bama fans I talked to after the game had a great experience. Of course it was a great game, at least for the offensive players. Anyway, as for Kyle Field, the east and west sides are awful, old, poor restrooms and concessions, narrow concourses, very outdated. Only the north endzone, which is new (since '99) is really up to standards. Kyle Field is currently undergoing a major redevelopment to bring it up to standards of Bryant-Denny, UGA, etc. 100K capacity (sold out going forward), new wide concourses, concessions, restrooms, ramps, escalators, etc. Right now it is a great stadium once you are in your seat, but it is a dump with circa 1960 soviet-block architecture! Anyway, when you come back in 2015, you will be greeted by this:

As an old man, I appreciated being able to go this year before the renovation, I wanted to see the same Kyle field I remembered on TV when Stallings and Sherrill coached.

TideLegacy

Scout Team
Nov 22, 2005
Dallas, TX
Yeah, the original horseshoe / first deck will be removed after this season and rebuilt to start the above (along with east side ramps, concourses, and exterior facade).

Gene being the Honorary Captain for the game was epic. Received loud cheers from ALL fans, Aggies and Tide alike, and well deserved.

I'm sure at some point in this game he screamed "stop throwing the dang ball and somebody please play some defense!!"

SCrammerjammer

1st Team
Sep 4, 2000
South Carolina
Great responses from different angles and perspectives. Going to a game is like being on the bench at Jackson Square-- I enjoy all the sights and sounds. Football fandom really does bring folks from all walks into one big smile (most of the time. ). Long live sportsmanship, hospitality and pride in your school.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I'll share a little different side of College Station, the airport.

Many of you know I am a Delta flight attendant that flies the team to all away games. We arrived at the airport at halftime and were immediately invited to a hospitality tent with free food and beverages with big screen tv's. It was pretty obvious we were all Alabama as we were dressed in our gameday jerseys and other Alabama attire. We were surrounded by a hundred or so private pilots and crew, and we were definitely in the minority. We found our UA1 pilots and enjoyed watching the 2nd half with them. Great job Mike and Robert always taking care of our Alabama leaders and for letting me wear your BCS championship ring for most of the 3rd quarter. :) I think that's why we did so well in that quarter. LOL.

There were over 200 private jets in town for just that game. Don't have any idea how some of them made it back to the airport so quickly, but takeoffs began almost 15 minutes after game time and continued non-stop for two hours. I just had no idea the amount of money at A&M. I mean that airport was a well run machine with aircraft parked remotely miles away and shuttles running immediately after game time to get crews to their respective aircraft. I'm accustomed to waiting at Knoxville or Baton Rouge for 15-20 minutes just to get a tractor or a golf cart to take us back to our aircraft.

I'm also accustomed to being #1 for takeoff at these smaller airports especially on a Saturday night. We usually wait about 1 1/2 - 2 hours after the end of the game for the team, and so usually we are the only ones out there by then. I must say I was shocked as we begin our taxi only to be told we were #4 for takeoff. I looked out and as I mentioned tiny private jets with our big 757 trailing behind them was comical. The big boys were leaving town, but we still had to wait our turn. :)

I know it wasn't the stadium, but it was still great hospitality by College Station. I look forward to returning there again.

BTW, the flight back was CRAAAAAZY wild! No snoozing on that one.
Thanks TidenGa, the logistics info and the little personal insights on your travels with Bama are always appreciated. Roll Tide!

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
First I got to drink out of the large Ice Blocks in the back of pickup trucks very cool, although I don't know have sanitary it was. I had a blast, so much so that I got drunk and missed my flight home. The stadium is crap, its a good thing they are making changes. The fans were great and really nice. One thing I don't understand is why everyone is giving Johnny so much love, that Evans guy was unstoppable.

On a different note nice job covering 7.5 Alabama, I suffered with my new found Aggie friends.

BamaBraz

1st Team
Nov 27, 2002
Monrovia, AL
We had a great time tailgating with A&M fans/grads. Very hospitable, gracious, and good brisket! They love being in the SEC. Everywhere you look, you'll see a A&M/SEC flag. It's a good thing they're taking their new found wealth and rebuilding Kyle Field. HOT HOT HOT!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.