Drink: Share your Long Island Iced Tea recipe

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
Hey guys. The other day I got a wild hair up my butt and decided to make some long island iced teas.

I used the well known recipe which is:

1pt White Rum
1pt White Tequilla
1pt Gin
1pt Vodka
1pt Triple Sec
1 1/2 pts Sours mix
&
Splash of coke

This version of the drink was good but just didn't have the smoothness of some of the ones I've had at bars and restaurants. What is you guys' twist on this drink?

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
ROFL you guys are more experienced at this than I am.

Many years ago a good friend of mine, who is a dentist, would show up at parties with a tank of NOS and a mask. It was hilarious how he would take people to almost passing out with everyone laughing. At least we had someone with skills administering the gas. :)

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
Well I was a little disapointed when I saw I had 4 replies none of them could really help me out. Curse you guys:tongue:

But I will try that Firefly vodka. It seems like I've seen that at someone's place before.

And as far as the NOS, after 2 quick drinks, you do kind of feel like you've been under the gas :)

Sorry, but after Bayou's post, I counldn't help myself :blush:.

In my opinion, TGI Fridays use to make the BEST LIT on the planet, but that has changed. Try this recipe, it's good and it's strong....but be careful! More than one will have you chasing parked cars and more than two will have you propositioning the cops for sex......:tongue:

• 1 fluid ounce vodka
  • 1 fluid ounce dry gin
  • 1 fluid ounce triple sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
  • 1 fluid ounce dark rum
  • 1 fluid ounce tequila
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle cola-flavored carbonated beverage
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemonaid (or to taste)
  • 1 wedge lemon
  • 1 wedge lime

Pour vodka, gin, triple sec, rum, and tequila and lemonaid into a tall glass with lots of ice. Top off with cola. Stir gently. Garnish with lemon and lime wedges.

Rueben

All-American
Sep 5, 2008
NAHTOD

In my opinion, TGI Fridays use to make the BEST LIT on the planet, but that has changed. Try this recipe, it's good and it's strong....but be careful! More than one will have you chasing parked cars and more than two will have you propositioning the cops for sex......:tongue:

• 1 fluid ounce vodka
  • 1 fluid ounce dry gin
  • 1 fluid ounce triple sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
  • 1 fluid ounce dark rum
  • 1 fluid ounce tequila
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle cola-flavored carbonated beverage
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemonaid (or to taste)
  • 1 wedge lemon
  • 1 wedge lime

Pour vodka, gin, triple sec, rum, and tequila and lemonaid into a tall glass with lots of ice. Top off with cola. Stir gently. Garnish with lemon and lime wedges.
Just a suggestion, try replacing the Triple sec with Grand Mariner. ;)

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL

It's all in good fun :). But I'll try that as soon as I make another trip to the ABC store. And I guess I'll pick up a bottle of Grand Mariner also.

quick response about the Firefly Sweet tea vodka.

Take it and put it in the freezer. Add a splash of water and a couple ounces of lemonade to whatever strength you like (I use about half vodka, half mixer :blush:). Its amazing.

I think northeners invented this vodka to keep us from taking over the world. haha

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
quick response about the Firefly Sweet tea vodka.

Take it and put it in the freezer. Add a splash of water and a couple ounces of lemonade to whatever strength you like (I use about half vodka, half mixer :blush:). Its amazing.

I think northeners invented this vodka to keep us from taking over the world. haha
I live a sheltered life and haven't seen this on the shelf yet but tomorrow is shopping day and I will be looking for it. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.