OC and DC replacement discussion

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
Question: We've seen CNS light up Gol*ing a few times on the sidelines the past couple of years.

Has he lit into BOB like that? Could it be a factor that BOB is closer to his age?

I'd kinda like to see OLD CNS has a younger OC that he could light up a few times a game when they do something stupid. But BOB is in the box drinking diet coke with his hat turned backward like he's out on a Sunday drive. Don't get it.
Hard to light him up in the press box. I’ve seen Saban move coordinators to the field in the past to help the offense. Not sure why we didn’t try that however I don’t think it would have made any difference

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
Golding is a Saban pet. He isn't going anywhere. No one else wants him, and if Saban was going to fire him it would already have happened.
This is my biggest fear. I think Bob was done after this season regardless of how the season went. But I’m afraid Sabah won’t pull the trigger on Golding. That may be our undoing. It doesn’t matter hope much the game has changed over the years our defense continues to underperform under Golding.

ih8au

3rd Team
Oct 13, 1999
Texas City, Tx
stephenshomerehab.com
BoB is completely out of touch with college play calling. Backward hat and diet coke and all....he has no feel. I dont care how wonderful of a coach someone like Herbstreit thinks he is....hes a bad college OC....hes a bad OC in general, ask the Texans.

We need someone younger, that relates to the kids, adjusts on the fly....basically, for lack of a better term, someone that can read the room. Who that may be, I'm sure Saban has a list.
I've been living in Houston since 2017. BoB is TOXIC IMO and I've been wanting to say this here for quite some time.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I know people wax poetic about how prolific we were with Lane calling plays but for me, the ideal play caller is Sark. Almost every play he called was something setting you up for something else later in the game. Whether the play was successful or not, Im gonna give you the same look later and gash you for 40 yards. And he did this all while making sure that his play makers got an optimal amount of touches.

Just typing all that and thinking of the stark contrast that we have here now has upset me
Yep. He did at both USC & Bama. He’s hands down the best I’ve ever seen.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
While we're at it, let's get a new DB coach. I know Saban works with those guys, but they need help.

If I was playing Bama, every other play would be a back shoulder throw 25-30 yards on the sideline. You'll complete about 1/3 of those and the CB will get called for interference the other 2/3 of the plays.

SkinnyFats

1st Team
Sep 5, 2021
While we're at it, let's get a new DB coach. I know Saban works with those guys, but they need help.

If I was playing Bama, every other play would be a back shoulder throw 25-30 yards on the sideline. You'll complete about 1/3 of those and the CB will get called for interference the other 2/3 of the plays.
They could just get me to throw the ball to the receivers. My arm is shot, so every pass would be underthrown by 10 yards. And thus, every single throw would lead to a PI flag.

• Haha
Reactions: mlh

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
In no particular order...just the Best 5 names out there that might fit and are Creative and Aggressive

Offensive Coordinator:

1) Jeff Lebby - (OU) Kiffin Tree w/ SEC exp at Ole Miss
2) Garrett Riley - (TCU) Lincoln Riley's Brother and had a Top 15 Offense at SMU and Top 5 at TCU
3) Phil Longo - (UNC) Leach Tree w/ SEC exp at Ole Miss and Top 10 Offenses at UNC
4) Jeff Grimes - (BU) Top 5 Offensive at BYU and Top 15 at Baylor
5) Zach Kittley - (TT) Top 5 Offense at WKY w/ Zappe

Defensive Coordinator:

1) Jim Leonhard - (WIS) Several Top 5 and 10 Defenses and Creates lots of Turnovers
2) Phil Parker - (Iowa) Top 5 Defenses at Iowa and Creates lots of Turnovers
3) Glen Schumann - (UGA) Kirby tree at UGA and knows the system.
4) Mike Tressel (Cincy) Top 10 Defenses at both Mich St and Cincy
5) Jeremy Pruitt - *If Available in ANY way* is my #1 Choice
I think Jim Leonhard will most likely be named Wisconsin head coach. He's turned down the NFL to come back to his alma mater

On offense I'm leaning Riley/Lebby but how much of their philosophy will they be able to inject to our offense

Bamachamps

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 14, 2017
DC = Demeco Ryans.
Demeco is the most respected DC in the NFL at the moment and is biding his time for an NFL head coaching job. He is not going to drop down to college.
thats just your opinion. Didn’t Coach Saban de
Demeco is the most respected DC in the NFL at the moment and is biding his time for an NFL head coaching job. He is not going to drop down to college.
saban dropped down to Alabama. A lateral move. DeMeco seems like a coach that wants to mentor young men. He seems to be a great person and genius with Defense X and Os. I am sure he will not come but I would call him after the Auburn game and test the waters. He is from Alabama.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.