Question: Should Bama have taken a knee at end of Citrus Bowl instead of scoring?

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I have close friend who is a huge Michigan fan, I didn't ask him how he felt about the last TD but he told me "They should have fired his ass and made him buy his own plane ticket home"
Nope I am glad they let Najee run in a fully telegraphed play
I assume he meant Harbaugh for allowing such an obvious run up the middle for the score... 😂

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009
I would have been fine with taking a knee. As long as it was taking Harbaugh's knee & slapping him upside the head with it. He wouldn't have.

• Haha
Reactions: The Ols

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I have close friend who is a huge Michigan fan, I didn't ask him how he felt about the last TD but he told me "They should have fired his ass and made him buy his own plane ticket home"
Nope I am glad they let Najee run in a fully telegraphed play
I have a few Michigan fan friends. They're all fed up with Hairball. The run play at the end didn't bother them. They were more teed off that Hairball abandoned the run in the second half.

Reactions: The Ols and B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have a few Michigan fan friends. They're all fed up with Hairball. The run play at the end didn't bother them. They were more teed off that Hairball abandoned the run in the second half.
Same here - they are all mad at Harbaugh, not Alabama. Most of them expected to beat Alabama - figured that Alabama would be down after not making the CFP. They are saying that Harbaugh could not even beat an Alabama team that didn't want to be there.

On the other hand, I am hearing that the University is still 100% in support of him.

Weird dynamic up there right now.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is still a thing? To me, it’s more demoralizing for a team to get down to the 2 yard line and take a knee. I don’t need no stinkin mercy! 🤣
Unless they are one of those teams that you pay to play in your house, I agree.

Reactions: Islander

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
A good friend of mine who is a big Penn State fan (so he has no love for Harbaugh and Michigan) said he thought it was very unsportsmanlike of Saban to let the team score at the end of the game. It wasn't necessary. I get the point. It wasn't needed to win. I disagreed with the unsportsmanlike statement, however. It wasn't like we were running up the score and winning by 30-40 points. I feel like it was simply the team wanting to keep playing hard and do it for Najee, who was a beast on that drive and deserved it. I really want to be objective, though, and I wonder what other coaches would say about it. What do you guys think?
Ask your friend if he thinks Harbaugh would have taken a knee... :cool:

• Thank You
Reactions: The Ols

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Saban said that this was a game to make a statement. Continuing to play for 60 minutes to finish the game and further break the opponents will is the statement.

May also have been a personal statement from Saban to Harbaugh after the shots he's taken at Bama over the years.

Reactions: B1GTide

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I don't think it can be running up the score when you lead by only 12. But the number one reason why Coach did that, IMO, is Najee deserved the opportunity to finish the drive.
That is the key IMO. If you let a team off the hook they get the ball back and put up a fluke TD then if is one on side kick recovery from the opponent having a throw into the end zone to win the game. It is inherently ridiculous for anyone to complain about their opponent putting up an insurance score to rule out that potential.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
NOPE...you don't like it...stop it!!! Maybe your coach can plan how to stop a telegraphed 2 yard run on his next sleepover...
This. I think we handed it off to Nagee on a basic hand-off 6 or 7 times in a row. We weren't doing anything tricky. Next time, just stop what you know is coming.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.