Should Mac Jones stay?

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
Someone said trevor lawrence has never won a post season award and he is easily going to go at the very top of the nfl draft.

Mac had arguably the best season ever for a qb, mind you certainly for us and the sec, leading a team that could arguably be the best to ever play with stats from playing only 13 games 11 of which were against sec opponents and the other two were victories over a one loss co champion technically and an undefeated conference champion that happen to wax the other acc co champion.

He set multiple ncaa and playoff records and has the highest qbr ever and still he finished 3rd in the heisman voting behind arguably the best wr to ever play college football and trevor lawrence whose potential is perceived to be superior but also whose stats paled in comparison in any year he played which includes seasons of 15, 15, and 10 games in a conference that went 0-6 in bowl games this year and their top two most dominant teams both got smoked in the semi final games this year. Also, keep in mind Mac sat behind Jalen and Tua both national champions and starters in the nfl. Look at both of joe burrow’s years. Still amazed mac finished third behind trevor, not so much smitty though, and it was not even close apparently.

Perception is reality. If fields season ended a game before he might have been the top nfl pick but he played and did it while hurt but because of his performance whether it be fair or not it hurt his pocketbook. A great out of this world game sandwiched between not so good conference and national championship games.

How could mac do better and or prove more by coming back? What is the opportunity cost? Is the juice worth the squeeze? No probably not. If his goals were to win a national championship then play in the nfl what by coming back would improve this or would he accomplish? Guess it really all depends on what his goals are but regardless according to him his mother is making the decision anyway lol.

WishIwasInBama

1st Team
Jul 17, 2005
Okinawa Japan
I gave up my draft analysis card when Lamar Jackson was drafted and I thought that was a terrible, terrible pick. It's been mentioned that college starts are a pretty big factor for your non-superman athletes but I do not think him coming back and increasing his starts will outweigh the equity he built this year.

How many more starts does Fields have over Mac? I'm too lazy to look it up but it can't be more that 4-5 based on the lack of games Fields played in this year. Plus he struggled in at least 2 of the 4 quality opponents and an argument could be made for 3 of 4. He does have something Mac doesn't....other worldly athletic ability that the NFL is salivating for.

Even if Mac is a 2nd rounder (I think that is worst case scenario) I don't think that will improve. Heck, he couldn't even get offensive player of the championship game after setting the record for yards and tied for TD's after orchestrating all those scoring drives in the 2nd half with 25% of Waddle and 75% of Metchie. I say the iron will not be hotter and he needs to cash in.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.