Should Taulia transfer to another school? [5/15 It's Official: Taulia to Maryland]

ecraj

Scout Team
Jan 24, 2009
Florence, AL
Is it premature to wonder if Taulia Tagovailoa might just transfer the first chance he gets? I may be wrong but I'm sure The U of Miami would gladly accept him if they have room on their roster. This has been lurking in the back of my mind since the talk started about Tua possibly being drafted by the Dolphins. I'm only thinking this because the Tagovailoa family is very close and maybe have no desire to be split up and it seems like it would make good sense for them.

ADMIN NOTE #2: As of 5/15/20 Taulia Tagovailoa announced he is transferring to Maryland
ADMIN NOTE: As of 5/8/20 Taulia has entered the transfer portal

Last edited by a moderator:

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
I’m not giving up on him winning a job this year, kid can play. Next year is another story with Bryce being here a year

JDMinHSV

Scout Team
Jan 11, 2007
Perhaps he shouldn't, but I think he will. The Hurricanes don't have anything resembling a quarterback based on my memory of last year. I think they bend over backwards to try and convince him to come to South Beach.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Tua doesn't need a "family fan club" in Miami like he had going into Tuscaloosa. I think Taulia needs his family right now as he is in the same position Tua was in early on. Tua was the "next man up" and he had the support and confidence to be a champion. Taulia was a champion in high school IIRC, so I have confidence in him if the coaching staff feels the same way. Young will get his time, and I anticipate him being a 1st round pick when he is done donning the Crimson & White.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Perhaps he shouldn't, but I think he will. The Hurricanes don't have anything resembling a quarterback based on my memory of last year. I think they bend over backwards to try and convince him to come to South Beach.
Miami just picked up D'Eriq King from Houston who had 50 TDs in 2018

Reactions: seebell

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'll be Captain Obvious here but if at anytime this year Bryce Young passes Talia on the DC and starts getting to finish off blowout games, then Lia is out and transfers to another program by spring of next year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'll be Captain Obvious here but if at anytime this year Bryce Young passes Talia on the DC and starts getting to finish off blowout games, then Lia is out and transfers to another program by spring of next year.
Yeah, especially if he does all that without spring practice, which is very unlikely.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Is it premature to wonder if Taulia Tagovailoa might just transfer the first chance he gets? I may be wrong but I'm sure The U of Miami would gladly accept him if they have room on their roster. This has been lurking in the back of my mind since the talk started about Tua possibly being drafted by the Dolphins. I'm only thinking this because the Tagovailoa family is very close and maybe have no desire to be split up and it seems like it would make good sense for them.
If we had a Spring Game, and Taulia finished third, chances are he would be gone, With no Spring Game/no Spring Practice, Taulia will most likely go into game #1 as our #2 QB. Depending on how Mack does Taulia could go in as #1B...
BUT... Depending on head games and talk of a certain Freshman being a world beater, Taulia could decide to enter the Portal.
I haven't kept up with Miami, but there's a good chance that Taulia is as good as or nearly as good as the Miami #1, then, Taulia and family might move to Dade County. (I hear Taulia's brother is soon to be very well off and will likely need a house in the Sunshine state)

Reactions: CrimsonEyeshade

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
No transfer, at least not yet.

Taulia isn't likely to beat out Mac for the 2020 season, but Mac could get injured. And nobody knows for sure about Bryce Young. Could be the second coming of Tua. Could be the second coming of Phillip Sims.

No matter how much hype and hysteria surrounds Young, the fact remains that nobody knows for sure how he will turn out. Because of that uncertainty, Taulia should stick for at least another year and see what happens.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
No transfer, at least not yet.

Taulia isn't likely to beat out Mac for the 2020 season, but Mac could get injured. And nobody knows for sure about Bryce Young. Could be the second coming of Tua. Could be the second coming of Phillip Sims.

No matter how much hype and hysteria surrounds Young, the fact remains that nobody knows for sure how he will turn out. Because of that uncertainty, Taulia should stick for at least another year and see what happens.
Looking at his tape I can't imagine he would be Phillip Sims. No disrespect to PS but the way things are now doubt he would be rated as highly against this current crop of QB's. Young is certainly more mobile and seems to be more accurate. Still to be seen if he has Tua level accuracy but he will be successful.

Reactions: TiderJack

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I am not saying he should or will transfer before fall camp, if there is a a fall camp. IIRC, Mac has two years of eligibility left. Assuming he starts his final two years then Taulia is gone, possibly in December of 2020. If Taulia leaves then you have Young, who would benefit from a RS, as Mac's backup then Tyson. All of a sudden our depth at QB is depleted. For some reason, maybe just a gut feel, but I do think Taulia will transfer at some point.

Bamaboy16

Suspended
Dec 6, 2019
If Mac starts for two years bye bye Bryce Young. Sorry to be a downer but no way he waits 3 years to start with his accolades in today’s world. Saban has a decision to make. If he does stay that’s awesome!! I’m just highly doubtful.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
If Mac starts for two years bye bye Bryce Young. Sorry to be a downer but no way he waits 3 years to start with his accolades in today’s world. Saban has a decision to make. If he does stay that’s awesome!! I’m just highly doubtful.
So what exactly are you suggesting? Are you suggesting Saban should bench Mac for no reason other than to start a Freshman that has not played a single down in college just to keep him on the team?

Bamaboy16

Suspended
Dec 6, 2019
So what exactly are you suggesting? Are you suggesting Saban should bench Mac for no reason other than to start a Freshman that has not played a single down in college just to keep him on the team?
Right? It seems like I am suggesting that. Luckily I am not Saban, but my guess is that if Tua and Jalen came in the same class, Jalen never would have started.
If Bryce is better than Mac off the go (more dynamic, more accurate, game changer) then Bryce should start. If it’s close, I’d still invest in the long term in Bryce. If it’s not close, then Bryce will understand why he’s on the bench.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Right? It seems like I am suggesting that. Luckily I am not Saban, but my guess is that if Tua and Jalen came in the same class, Jalen never would have started.
If Bryce is better than Mac off the go (more dynamic, more accurate, game changer) then Bryce should start. If it’s close, I’d still invest in the long term in Bryce. If it’s not close, then Bryce will understand why he’s on the bench.
This Alabama team is most talented team in the country going into the season. You would potentially waste this season to teach BY to play at this level in the hopes that he will win you a championship down the road?

How did that work out with Tua?

You start the QB with the best chance to win games right now and let the future take care of itself.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.