News Article: SI: Alabama Could Be Reloading Instead of Rebuilding

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Would Bama still be able to sign everyone they want if more Juniors come back than expected? I know there can be 85 on scholarship, right? Not sure how many seniors there are who are leaving. We sign, what, 25 in December and/or Feb?
No - it would mean that you have to let some of them go to other schools. I would hate it for those kids, but Saban cannot say no if these kids want to come back. NCAA rules make it mandatory.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Exactly what I was thinking, what impact does this have on the recruiting class? I would love to see these guys come back, it has been a while since that has happened. There will be some interesting roster moves that is for sure. 1st world problems...
Saban has several plans in place depending on who stays and who goes and it is fluid I'm sure. We rarely sign less than 25 and I have heard we were going to take 26 or 27 in this class. Blueshirts, greyshirts and possible late flips to other schools will most likely be part of the plan.

OrlandoBama

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 1, 2019
I absolutely hope this is true, but I also hope that nothing official is announced until after Dec 20th, when the early signing period ends.
this is the key. Keep it all quiet until after early signing day. Also, anyone have insight as to how Tua’s decision will affect Bryce Young? I’ve watched the kid play about 6 times and he’s special

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
The thought of having seniors leading the team sounds so good. I appreciate all our players, and I totally understand why so many leave early, but it's tough knowing you will are going to be breaking in a new team of sophomores and freshmen on the field every year.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
We'll see but I do think we're getting some folks back that may surprise.
That’s the scuttlebutt we are hearing. Every once in a while you get these guys like Jonathan Allen and the guys that returned to Clemson for different reasons but they usually make a HUGE impact. Bama could certainly benefit from it. Fingers crossed 🤞.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Serious question: is SI even a credible source? I haven’t visited si.com in many many years, I don’t think, until today. I may have posted a link or two over the years as FYI, but I was one who canceled my SI mag sub after the hack job they did on us in the 90’s. Just put me down as “skeptical” of anything they publish.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Serious question: is SI even a credible source? I haven’t visited si.com in many many years, I don’t think, until today. I may have posted a link or two over the years as FYI, but I was one who canceled my SI mag sub after the hack job they did on us in the 90’s. Just put me down as “skeptical” of anything they publish.
Well, as I said in the other thread, I've known this author well for over 25 years. He's not the sort to make something up out of whole cloth. If he says he's hearing surprisingly optimistic news, then he's hearing it. OTOH, there's over a month to go and there's plenty of time for waffling back and forth...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I've been thinking for weeks -- that there are only so many slots in the first round -- and we can't have 9-10 of them..... Wills has been shooting up the boards. Leatherwood has had a quiet year, but he's also the left tackle with a left handed QB -- so Wills was going to be "the man" this year.

I posted a while back that I thought the only ones that should leave are Jeudy, Ruggs and Wills....

I just don't see Najee getting drafted in the first round. Maybe not until round 3..... but I don't know if another year would change that. He's a helluva a ball player -- and I don't know why he's not higher on mocks, but he's just not getting the love.

I have thought all year that Smitty would be back, and hope that's true. Smitty and Waddle next year is a huge tandem --

X and Moses back? Plus you get back McKinnon and Ray back? We need some more guys on the DL -- but, that's a heck of a start if you can shore up the LB position -- and let Harris become Rashaan Evans Revisited --

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Najee isn't coming back. Idk why I'm so sure if this but I think Najee could have had a bad year and he would still turned pro.
Agreed. In one of his interviews it almost sounded like he was upset he wasn’t trusted to play more sooner. I think he is ready to be the man all the time. I have no insider information but I think he is probably a 2nd-3rd round pick based off how strong he got later in the year.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Agreed. In one of his interviews it almost sounded like he was upset he wasn’t trusted to play more sooner. I think he is ready to be the man all the time. I have no insider information but I think he is probably a 2nd-3rd round pick based off how strong he got later in the year.
He was upset while he was here, even as a sophomore...

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
I felt along that we might have 1 of the big 3 WR's return. I also felt that Dylan might. I surely hope that a good number on this list come back for another year. I don't think Lewis will.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.