Sources: Charlie Strong joins Nick Saban's staff at Alabama

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He visited florida recently and did same thing. I doubt he will be hired at Alabama at any capacity. I wouldn't be shocked if he was at LSU next week.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
READ THE STINKIN' RULES!

This is the second time in a month, both times from new posters.

I don't know how much clearer to make this.....TideFans doesn't allow profanity, or any variation on spelling and/or punctuation, in an attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Strong ended up on the staff as an analyst. We have a history of rehabbing former head coaches all of whom go onto great gigs after a couple of years. The Bama bump is undeniable.
Right now Alabama, LSU or any number of good football teams would benefit from Strong being on staff. If Charlie can help us have a dominant Defense faster, I'd say bring him on-board.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Right now Alabama, LSU or any number of good football teams would benefit from Strong being on staff. If Charlie can help us have a dominant Defense faster, I'd say bring him on-board.
Dig that! Strong is a good coach. I don't think his success at Louisville was a fluke...probably more right place at the right time. Regardless, he and we would be better off with him on the staff.

Down4ttown

Suspended
Dec 16, 2011
Have to take an analyst role and work his way up in my mind. Saban confided in Pete and needs to see that through before jumping ship at first chance.

Reactions: BamaInMo1

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Good way to rehab in the short term
The formula is...well known coach gets fired, getting paid by previous employer, gets offered a respectable sum to be a Bama analyst, learns the process, becomes a winner, helps the program - voila - head coaching offer at power 5 program. Yea, I can see him in Crimson.

Reactions: tideindc

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.