Skyler Wallace?

major tidefan

All-American
Jul 3, 2006
Boaz,AL
Wow, I've been out of the loop.I just found out about this myself.All i'm hearing is she may have been unhappy about being asked to play a different position since Claire will be back at shortstop?A big loss,she was an excellent player.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Wow, I've been out of the loop.I just found out about this myself.All i'm hearing is she may have been unhappy about being asked to play a different position since Claire will be back at shortstop?A big loss,she was an excellent player.
Sorry for this being late, but the conversation came up again today with people who are well connected with the program.

Yes. Apparently from what I gathered from some people in the know.... she was asked to play catcher, and that was the core reason. Which you cant really blame Murph for asking since there was a better position player, and you could put Bailey at DH. I dont know if it was heated or not, and wont assume without evidence, but that is the core issue from what multiple people who are close to the program have said.

If we had Skyler and didnt have the two major injuries at 2nd and SS then I would feel far more confident about playing Oklahoma and UCLA for a National Championship. But as dominant as Montana has been it could just be enough, but you would like a very dangerous line up to go behind a dominant pitcher.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Sorry for this being late, but the conversation came up again today with people who are well connected with the program.

Yes. Apparently from what I gathered from some people in the know.... she was asked to play catcher, and that was the core reason. Which you cant really blame Murph for asking since there was a better position player, and you could put Bailey at DH. I dont know if it was heated or not, and wont assume without evidence, but that is the core issue from what multiple people who are close to the program have said.

If we had Skyler and didnt have the two major injuries at 2nd and SS then I would feel far more confident about playing Oklahoma and UCLA for a National Championship. But as dominant as Montana has been it could just be enough, but you would like a very dangerous line up to go behind a dominant pitcher.
Well, I wasn’t going to mention the details, but they’re out now.

While I don’t know if the conversation with Wallace was heated, I do know it was contentious. She was asked to play “some” catcher. Her reply was that she couldn’t be an All-American if she did that.

The reply was that the team needed her to do this. She said, in effect, “See ya.” With that kind of self-centered outlook, it might be better to find that out when we did, during the off-season.

I agree 1000% that if she hadn’t transferred, and if only one of Bailey Dowling and Claire Jenkins had sustained freak knee injuries, we’d in all likelihood be in the final.

I know…I know…ifs and buts.

This could have, should have, been our best team ever. Freak injuries and self-centered outlooks derailed it. We’re still good, and have a strong chance at being in the WCWS. But we’re so dependent on two players (Fouts and Hemphill), and I don’t see a final for us. Just too many weak links in the batting order and the field.

• Full Banjeaux!
Reactions: ALA2262

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
  • Thank You
Reactions: ALA2262

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
This could have, should have, been our best team ever. Freak injuries and self-centered outlooks derailed it. We’re still good, and have a strong chance at being in the WCWS. But we’re so dependent on two players (Fouts and Hemphill), and I don’t see a final for us. Just too many weak links in the batting order and the field.
I think we will know after Kentucky at really how far we can make it. If we dominate Kentucky or atleast do what we did in the SECT then we could be a Finals favorite. UCLA looks like they could be had with a good pitcher on the mound. I know they made Fouts look silly last year, but Fouts was trying out for the Olympics all summer and fall so she was worn out. But our key to the tournament is to avoid being forced to beating Oklahoma and UCLA twice to advance to the Finals.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.