News Article: Smitty Injury - Inside the Medical Tent with Dr. Cain

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Great story. I, like everyone else, kept wondering "where is Devonta, is he still in the tent". I figured he had gone in for some little hand thing and would be right back. And wouldn't it be great to have a bunch of Landon's on the O-Line every year. We had a whole bunch of special talents on this BAMA team.

Reactions: The Ols and B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Aside from the cool story, we also learned that Smitty had to have surgery to get the finger back in place.

Reactions: Bama-94-00

paulpatt48

3rd Team
Oct 12, 2020
Great article. You have to love the BAMA medical staff. Smitty, Landon and Waddle are some tuff dudes.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I couldn't believe the way LD was moving around pre-game and the way he was able to run on to the field at the end. AND, then he picked CNS and carried him like he was a rag doll.

Dude is either a fast healer OR he doesn't feel pain much. Probably both!

Reactions: Con

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
It surely would have been interesting to see how DeVonta finished the game if they could've gotten his finger back in place. Some tough dudes on this team. Those 3 will be missed.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
And let’s not forget that Jeff Allen worked with some professors and students in the Engineering Dept to design the tents that are in wide use across the football world. UA has been constantly on the cutting edge of rehab equipment and techniques for years. So glad we have Drs Rhea and Ballou onboard leading S&C
And yet rarely, if ever, get any credit for it. I wish they had patented it with the proviso that it always had to be referred to as the Alabama medical tent :). The name "Alabama" in relation to anything good, especially technically related, has to be forced out of their mouths at the point of a gun. "How can those uneducated idiots know anything."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.