Question: so when is the appropriate time to panic if you are a Braves fan

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
If the season ended right now Ozuna wins the Triple Crown.

He's also #1 in the NL for SLG and OPS

How much you wanna Bet that Ohtani is the AS selection for DH?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
If the season ended right now Ozuna wins the Triple Crown.

He's also #1 in the NL for SLG and OPS

How much you wanna Bet that Ohtani is the AS selection for DH?
No Bet here. We all know Ohtani is the vote because reasons.

We are supposed to actually believe Ohtani is some innocent victim but anyone with a fully functional brain knows the truth.

• Emphasis!
Reactions: tusks_n_raider

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Well the Braves are down again tonight but I'm still in a good mood because I got this in the mail today....

Glavine Front.png

Glavine Back.png

It's the last Graded Mint 9 or higher Rookie Card I needed for my Glavine and Maddux collection.

I'm going to get Smoltz and Avery's next and that will be easier on the wallet....lol

Man I miss those 4 taking the mound for the Braves!!!

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Well the Braves are down again tonight but I'm still in a good mood because I got this in the mail today....

View attachment 43083

View attachment 43084

It's the last Graded Mint 9 or higher Rookie Card I needed for my Glavine and Maddux collection.

I'm going to get Smoltz and Avery's next and that will be easier on the wallet....lol

Man I miss those 4 taking the mound for the Braves!!!

Don't forget Pete Smith!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Don't forget Pete Smith!
Haha I will admit that I have forgotten him.

I do remember Kent Merker though!

I did just get super lucky on an Gem Mint 10 Acuna Throwback Rookie!!

This usually goes from anywhere to $60 -100 or higher before his latest injury and I just sniped it for $24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Acuna Front.png

acuna back.png

Reactions: dtgreg

N.al-tider

Scout Team
Mar 18, 2024
While I didn't read this entire thread, I don't think it is time to panic at all. They are nine games behind the Phillies with 12 games until the break. There is plenty of time for them to get hot and play for the pennant. Plenty of time for the Phillies to nose-dive too.
While it is frustrating watching them continue to get players injured, it is part of the game.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
one World Series
Yeah but not their fault completely and 1 is better than 0.

'91 is still the best WS ever. I mean every game came down to the last at bat and our pitching was outstanding.

Glavine and Avery got no run support in 2 losses to Toronto in '92

Smoltz and Avery lost back to back games by 1 run in '93 vs Philly but maybe we lose to Toronto again anyway... not sure.

'94 the strike happened but we lead the WC to make the playoffs

'96 vs the Yankees we straight choked. Lost a pivotal Game 5 by 1 run that could have changed momentum back in our favor but yeah overall we puked all over ourselves.

A lot of bad losses happened after that to vs the Marlins, SD, and the Yankees etc but it's like we lost our mojo by then anyway.

Really from '91 to '96 the only time I feel like just didn't get it done when we should have was '96.

I'll take the 1 WS because at least it keeps us from being the Buffalo Bills.

Reactions: dtgreg and pelleas

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Just saw this cool pic of our beloved #44

EACjN8WXsAAvZfH.jpg

It's crazy how much Power he generated from such a compact batting stance!!

No gloves, No Shin protectors, Elbow pads etc etc.

Just great vision and focus and quick wrists.

Still the True HR King

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Unless the Braves are big buyers in a seemingly low selling market then we might as well start selling players to make way for Fried’s massive contract request because this is the worst coached Braves team I’ve seen in awhile. Losing Washington is probably a bigger problem than originally thought.

Before the Disney Braves fans chime in to say “well we are “without our ace and best player”… just remember the Phillies tonight are without 4 of their best bats and they replaced them with 4 guys under a 200 average and still have double digit hits on Fried.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017

View attachment 43475

Still the True HR King

I once had a video of him hitting an inside pitch out in left field then taking a pitch away and hitting it out in right field with the same swing. I assume he pushed his hands back and cocked the bat as the pitched was delivered for timing and power. The most unique part of his swing was the way he hit off of his front foot. It goes against what is taught but he made it work extremely well. My dad loved the Braves and Hammering Hank all the way back to the great 57-58 teams.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

View attachment 43475

Still the True HR King

Yep, many say it was a combination of his hands, wrists and impeccable timing that made Hank such a great hitter, in terms of both power and average.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I once had a video of him hitting an inside pitch out in left field then taking a pitch away and hitting it out in right field with the same swing. I assume he pushed his hands back and cocked the bat as the pitched was delivered for timing and power. The most unique part of his swing was the way he hit off of his front foot. It goes against what is taught but he made it work extremely well. My dad loved the Braves and Hammering Hank all the way back to the great 57-58 teams.
Did you ever see an at-bat where Hank seemed out of sorts or tensed up? I don’t think i ever did. He would stand in the box so relaxed he looked like he could close his eyes and take nap right then and there. That swing was just so pure and effortless.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Yeah… baby steps i guess. But we gotta stop losing games that we should be winning because of our lineup.

Right now a successful season might be Chris Sale winning a Cy Young but Wheeler is a media darling
We're probably going to have to make some kind of moves before the deadline.

I just have no idea what those should or could be.

Most of the articles I've read lately has us in the market for the Nats Jesse Winker. But AA never does what people think he will do so that's probably wrong.....and not that Jesse Winker is the solution either....lol

I still feel like we need to go get an established Ace if one is available. We're really down both Wright and Strider. Two guys who are both former 20 game winners.

Offense I just don't know what is going on other than severely missing Ron Washington.

We're not missing Acuna though.

I hate that he's injured but tbh he was giving waaaaaaay less than 100% effort before he got hurt and wasn't playing anywhere close to his best.

Everything just feels like a mess right now and that we have to hope AA will pull off some moves that nobody saw coming that will get us out of this slump.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.