Social Media

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't generally use FB anymore but I logged in the other day and was flooded with weird AI sand sculptures of Jesus. I'm talking 10+ of them in the first 25 or so posts on my feed.

I am very much an atheist so idk what the heck FB is doing šŸ˜‚
Something you said, either posted or replied to, or "liked" years ago. You haven't given them enough to go on. It believes you are fascinated with Sand Jesus... :)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
And this is one of the big reasons the education system in our country has had to lower its standards. The below types of things are all these kids care about. They are completely oblivious to the physical world around them. The irony is all this advanced technology is producing some of the dumbest generations of people.

A teacher in the U.S. had her students turn their phones on loud, and every time they received a notification they went up and put a tally mark under the correct category. This was one class, one period. Every one of these tally marks is an interruption in a students education.

Cell phones can be toxic to a learning environment.

View attachment 41406

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
And this is one of the big reasons the education system in our country has had to lower its standards. The below types of things are all these kids care about. They are completely oblivious to the physical world around them. The irony is all this advanced technology is producing some of the dumbest generations of people.
I agree 100%, but how much of this is by design? Everybody knows what is happening, but few question why. I dunno, it just feels to me like someone, somewhere likes the idea that we are a nation of unquestioning idiots now.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I agree 100%, but how much of this is by design? Everybody knows what is happening, but few question why. I dunno, it just feels to me like someone, somewhere likes the idea that we are a nation of unquestioning idiots now.
The rich CEOs, that's who. You don't have to pay dumb people as much as smart people. Keep them dumb, keep them preoccupied and they will not notice how much the wealthy are screwing them over.

Reactions: CrimsonJazz

AWRTR

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2022
The rich CEOs, that's who. You don't have to pay dumb people as much as smart people. Keep them dumb, keep them preoccupied and they will not notice how much the wealthy are screwing them over.
Just like in the Roman Empire as it declined. Just give them bread and games.

Reactions: CrimsonJazz

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
Agreed. Add to that the fact that most everyone in D.C. is beholden to the rich and suddenly many of our problems as a society zip right into focus.

Reactions: AWRTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!ā€></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.