Some General Thoughts on the Georgia Game

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
So you are of the theory that Alabama should abandon the run? No! I disagree with a set number because it depends on total number of plays. 30% is an acceptable number. The original argument was BoB called too many run plays, but the number the poster used also also included 11 sacks and scrambles which aren’t called run plays. Which can’t be used against coaches for calling to many run plays because they were called pass plays.
No, I believe that you run plays that work. You don't run plays that cannot work. So, sure, try to run, but if you can't do it move on because you have the best QB in the country.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
In addition to going pass-heavy up-tempo, more screens and draws need to be sprinkled into the O as well. I’m noticing also that our run plays often take way too long to develop— any thoughts on how we can eliminate that other than going full option or rpo?
Under center would help but I don't know that they've practiced that much.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I’m done with this, …….The whole debate was over this statement-

. Alabama only averaged 1.9 yards per carry against Auburn, but yet BoB still ran the ball 37 times

giving stats about 1.7 without BRob’s 37 yard run , etc, etc etc or stuffed plays or whatever is THE WRONG POINT. THERE WASN'T 37 called runs, there were 26 runs , that’s all Bill O’Brien called . To say otherwise is not accurate. All my other statements were to show that was an untrue statement, and to say Bama averaged 1.9 yards on called running plays was also an untrue statement. yet all those stats somehow took a life of their own, although I made several comments that the wrong point was being argued, or it was taken out of context. .A491F717-88F9-4475-93C5-40702CF08AE9.jpegu

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

giving stats about 1.7 without BRob’s 37 yard run , etc, etc etc or stuffed plays or whatever is THE WRONG POINT. THERE WASN'T 37 called runs, there were 26 runs , that’s all Bill O’Brien called . To say otherwise is not accurate. All my other statements were to show that was an untrue statement, and to say Bama averaged 1.9 yards on called running plays was also an untrue statement. yet all those stats somehow took a life of their own, although I made several comments that the wrong point was being argued, or it was taken out of context. .View attachment 21047u
LOL, I've said multiple times my numbers didn't include BY's runs.

Seriously, do you ever read what people are posting before getting riled up?

But you do you...

Reactions: 81usaf92

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

giving stats about 1.7 without BRob’s 37 yard run , etc, etc etc or stuffed plays or whatever is THE WRONG POINT. THERE WASN'T 37 called runs, there were 26 runs , that’s all Bill O’Brien called . To say otherwise is not accurate. All my other statements were to show that was an untrue statement, and to say Bama averaged 1.9 yards on called running plays was also an untrue statement. yet all those stats somehow took a life of their own, although I made several comments that the wrong point was being argued, or it was taken out of context. .View attachment 21047u
Because everyone but you seems to see that anyway you manipulate the stats doesn’t change the fact that BoB called a horrible game and we couldn’t run the ball when we desperately needed to. But yet you want to accuse someone that they don’t know football because they suggest pass to set up the run. Because aside from one big play by Rob we couldn’t run to save our lives with the type of runs we were calling.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Because everyone but you seems to see that anyway you manipulate the stats doesn’t change the fact that BoB called a horrible game and we couldn’t run the ball when we desperately needed to. But yet you want to accuse someone that they don’t know football because they suggest pass to set up the run. Because aside from one big play by Rob we couldn’t run to save our lives with the type of runs we were calling.
AGAIN, nowhere did I say Bill O’Brien called a good game, had a good plan ,etc. I said he -did not call too many runs, he did not cal 37 run plays and Bama did not average 1.9 yards/carry on called runs in the game. Period. That was all I was getting across and every one and their brother focused on the WRONG POINT!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Actually, injuries along the lines of scrimmage have been our weakness this season IMHO. I expect Trey to have a big game Saturday.
Yeah but I do not recall them ever being effective for any stretch of time. Yes I guess injuries have made becoming a cohesive unit impossible.

I mean Allen was a huge injury as well but guys have largely stepped up. Jase may have been our best all-around RB though.

Reactions: UAllday

ATLBAMAFAN

3rd Team
Feb 2, 2005
Agree. You can`t just COMPLETELY not run the ball at all, that`s true. I just don`t think we`ll make a living off of it against UGA. Just hope we can keep UGA`s front 7 something close to "honest ". That would be a win.
Totally agree. My guess is that UGA probably thinks they can stop the run with their front 4. If they do that we don’t have much of a chance at all. Will be a lot of clogged throwing lanes. We certainly can’t do the typical handoff up the middle on first down. How many times have we seen that? Then you’re down to 2 plays to get 10 yards. We need to involve the running backs (what few we have left) in the passing game to try and create some one on one matchups. If UGA is able to play zone our big play ability is going to be limited. We need some one on one matchups on the outside for Metchie and Williams to win this game. And when we do get to short yardage situations on 3rd and 4th down God knows we sure don’t need to run the ball up the gut. We better have some creative plays like using Jalen Milroe to keep drives going or some new jumbo package I haven’t seen yet.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
AGAIN, nowhere did I say Bill O’Brien called a good game, had a good plan ,etc. I said he -did not call too many runs, he did not cal 37 run plays and Bama did not average 1.9 yards/carry on called runs in the game. Period. That was all I was getting across and every one and their brother focused on the WRONG POINT!
Hint: if no one gets your point save yourself, try explaining the point better.

You've argued against most every post here yet no one seems to know why you're saying what you are...

Assume we're all more stupid than you already believe. Use monosyllabic words. Express your thoughts thusly. Maybe we can keep up.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Let’s go all Mississippi State on them. Spread them out and pass on every down. Sprinkle in some RPO and a throw over the top. Go fast when we get field position. On D stop the run and keep the QB in the pocket but w controlled pressure.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Under center would help but I don't know that we've practiced that much.
When the year began I envisioned Bryce with his quick release under center making quick throws on slants or a very quick run game. I don't know the percentage under center in the NFL on 3rd-4th downs with under two yards to make but it is much higher than at Bama. The big advantage of being under center is it gives offensive lineman a chance to hand out some punishment rather than have the entire front seven of the defense moving to the ball as is happening now..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - Bryce Young NIL Jersey

Your purchase through our TideFans.shop links helps support the site! Thanks!