Something is very fishy with AU's "Big Cat" weekend...

Bama323

All-American
Feb 3, 2005
Auburn bringing in players from across the nation for Big Cat III recruiting weekend | al.com

First of all, I thought this was AU's version of a football camp for high school prospects. I didn't realize this was really just one big meet-and-greet social event. How is this even within NCAA rules? I know players can visit unofficially on their own dime, which I'm assuming the vast majority of these players are doing. Is it reasonable to believe that everyone of these players are able to just pick up and visit AU on their own dime? Does anyone know if players get reimbursed for unofficial visits, or does this Big Cat thing count as an "official visit?"

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Auburn bringing in players from across the nation for Big Cat III recruiting weekend | al.com

First of all, I thought this was AU's version of a football camp for high school prospects. I didn't realize this was really just one big meet-and-greet social event. How is this even within NCAA rules? I know players can visit unofficially on their own dime, which I'm assuming the vast majority of these players are doing. Is it reasonable to believe that everyone of these players are able to just pick up and visit AU on their own dime? Does anyone know if players get reimbursed for unofficial visits, or does this Big Cat thing count as an "official visit?"
Who is the "Adult Entertainment" headliner for the weekend?

Bama323

All-American
Feb 3, 2005
It's really no different that Alabama's Junior Days held in February and March, except that they have had a larger number of guys in at one time.
Think about this for a moment...how realistic is it to have 35 + players from all over the country in town for multiple days, at the same time, and all paying their own way, just to attend what is basically a glorified social event? It defies logic that its even possible they are abiding by NCAA rules.

CrimsonBleedRed

All-American
Nov 24, 2007
United States
Think about this for a moment...how realistic is it to have 35 + players from all over the country in town for multiple days, at the same time, and all paying their own way, just to attend what is basically a glorified social event? It defies logic that its even possible they are abiding by NCAA rules.
You know what? I don't care. *U will slip up and make a mistake, aka rules violations, and it will happen because well............that is what *U does best.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
Alabama's Junior Days has guys from all corners of the country. Regardless, they're defending national champions. I think we should expect them to be able to get some highly touted guys in for this event. Do I think they'll try every trick in the book to get these guys? Sure I do. However, I'm not going to sit around and thrown accusations until something concrete starts to stick. If I'm going to worry about recruiting, it'll be the job Coach Saban and staff are doing.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Funny you should say that... Uncle Luke is in the area at the Foxtrap in B'ham on Sunday night I hear
I honestly didnt know that......lol. Man he HAS to be getting near retirement age. I listened to the 2 Live Crew when I was a kid (parents didnt know of course) and I'm 31 now.....haha

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
Alabama's Junior Days has guys from all corners of the country. Regardless, they're defending national champions. I think we should expect them to be able to get some highly touted guys in for this event. Do I think they'll try every trick in the book to get these guys? Sure I do. However, I'm not going to sit around and thrown accusations until something concrete starts to stick. If I'm going to worry about recruiting, it'll be the job Coach Saban and staff are doing.
I don't know anything but I think the Auburn staff is going to continue pushing the envelope until the hammer comes down. Think about it, they've been cheating their butts off, bought Cam Newton, gave the NCAA the middle finger and got away with EVERYTHING. My guess is they now think they can do ANYTHING and get away with it. Sounds eerily like SMU was 30 years ago. Thought there was no way they could be stopped or get caught. Now, if only the NCAA will get off their fat rear ends and do something.

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
I doubt seriously Bama has strippers at their junior days. Auburn does, if reports are true. How this is legal, I don't know.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
To be honest it is a very unimpressive list compared to the last 2 years. I am not saying there are not some good players on there but nothing like the last 2 years. I mean to be honest most of the players on that list are not traveling that far with the exception of about half a dozen. They also do not have any current UA commits which in the past have gone. Especially the instate kids who were commited to us. I see no J Winston or T Elston and only a handful of GA recruits. In the past they probably had 15+ GA recruits attend. I also noticed no LA kids, so I guess the NCAA looking into Trooper's friends in LA has closed that pipeline down.

Again a decent list but nothing compared to the past events and especially when you consider they just won the BCSNCG.

BSBHVR2

3rd Team
May 13, 2011
Alabama
It's really no different that Alabama's Junior Days held in February and March, except that they have had a larger number of guys in at one time.
I really don't know much about our Junior Days but I assume most are juniors in high school. Two of the attendees of Big Cat this weekend are the Berry twins, Eric's brothers.........HS freshmen. (I guess as of this week they are technically sophomores, but still)

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
I really don't know much about our Junior Days but I assume most are juniors in high school. Two of the attendees of Big Cat this weekend are the Berry twins, Eric's brothers.........HS freshmen. (I guess as of this week they are technically sophomores, but still)
We get of bunch of sophmores and some freshman that also attend junior days.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
In the Auburn mind, if strippers bring recruits to "the family", they are "a God thing". That supersedes its legality. :rolleyes:
Also, don't discount the draw of the watermelon and pie eating contests. ;)

Auburn's Big Cat III: QB Zeke Pike kicks off this list of weekend visitors | al.com
AUBURN, Alabama -- Kiehl Frazier was a five-star quarterback who visited Auburn's recruiting Big Cat recruiting weekend last year. Later, he signed with the Tigers.

Auburn is hoping to impress some more big-timers in this year's version of Big Cat. It's this weekend.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.