JessN: South Carolina preview: Bama has waited a long time to get revenge for ’10

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
South Carolina preview: Bama has waited a long time to get revenge for ’10
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
September 11th, 2019 07:44 PM

There’s an oft-quoted package of stats that point to Nick Saban’s prowess for facing former assistants (he’s undefeated) and winning so-called “revenge games” (he’s not undefeated, but pretty darned close). Saturday, Alabama gets its first chance to atone for the 2010 loss to a South Carolina team coached by Steve Spurrier, and featuring Alshon […]

Read More Here

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
Believe our offense puts away the Muschamp coached Gamecocks quickly and efficiently. If we were a lumbering run first, pass when required offense, they might have a chance...not this year.

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Nice write up, Jess. Thanks

Hope our O Line can protect Tua; no injuries or heat related issues; get a big win; get the run game going.

RTR!

Professor

Scout Team
Sep 3, 2017
A question about standings.
Lets say Alabama ranks 14th in passing yardage. Tua plays only three-fourths of the game.
Now, take the team that ranks 10th. This starting QB plays the entire game.
Shouldn't there be some sort of factor applied to correct for the difference?

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Thanks for the work to put together another excellent write-up, Jess. Without a doubt our biggest concern this year has been running back, which has been a surprise. I thought they would be a strength. I wonder how much it has to do with an inconsistent OL, but when even Coach Saban talks about the running backs needing to hit the holes and run harder, it backs up what I am seeing. I never would have thought we would be talking about this with Najee and Robinson. Maybe this is the week that it starts to click for them. We sure need for it to be. I am so glad to finally getting a SEC opponent and so glad that we are finally getting to revisit USCe. Roll Tide!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.