Science: Space - the final frontier (Misc.)

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
The real-life scientist from Independence Day talks about the first Webb image:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Same field, Webb vs Hubble:

View attachment 26505

When you consider what an advancement Hubble was over Earth-based telescopes it makes Webb that much more amazing.
The Hubble image (right) took several days of exposure to gather the faint light.

The Webb image (left) took only 12.5 hours to reveal a much more detailed image of the same light.

One of the videos I posted on the previous page tells us that the scientists who made the telescope had to polish the mirrors in such a way that they were actually deformed on Earth at room temperature but created a perfectly smooth surface in space at around -447 F (7 K or 7 degrees above absolutely zero). This avoided a repeat of the mirror distortion problems experienced on Hubble in the early days before the problem was compensated for with corrective optics. (more here about that: https://www.nasa.gov/content/hubbles-mirror-flaw )

Reactions: Con

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
82BEFDA2-2E74-4C67-BB12-376844B64504.jpeg
There are a couple of inscriptions that I write on the inside of every guitar that I build…including Psalm19:1 (as seen on the left)...and the different models I build are named after heavenly bodies, to honor the greatest Creator of all.
The concept behind “Two Hands Guitar Co.” is this: even though these guitars are created with my two hands…my hands are merely the tools by which the Spirit of God works through.
My role is truly this simple…to understand that I’m dancing with the Creator, and to realize that the gratitude I experience from this relationship is more fulfilling than anything ego (worshiping of self) can ever offer me. Every time we complete a new guitar and I hear it’s voice for the first time, I’m filled with the same wonder and amazement that I felt the first time I saw the rings of Saturn through a telescope for the very first time…which is that God is sharing a secret with me.

Love it. Sometimes I just like to be reminded of the wonders we humans can achieve when we decide to work together for a common goal and for the common good and I imagine a world in which we tackle all the problems we face in the same manner.

IOW, it isn't a vanity thing - it's more about our capability to overcome our evil side to accomplish great feats.

And so I'll add this one to it:

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I also like this one:

Psalms 19:1-4
The heavens keep telling the wonders of God, and the skies declare what he has done. Each day informs the following day; each night announces to the next. They don't speak a word, and there is never the sound of a voice. Yet their message reaches all the earth, and it travels around the world.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
View attachment 26516

Every time we complete a new guitar and I hear it’s voice for the first time, I’m filled with the same wonder and amazement that I felt the first time I saw the rings of Saturn through a telescope for the very first time…which is that God is sharing a secret with me.
If that quote isn't on your website somewhere it should be.

• Heart
Reactions: BearFoot and Con

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003

1657647040908.png

1657647060262.png

1657647075512.png

1657647090230.png

1657647100413.png

You can go there and download the full size images.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

View attachment 26529

View attachment 26530

View attachment 26531

View attachment 26532

View attachment 26533

So cool!

Reactions: NationalTitles18

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003

View attachment 26529

View attachment 26530

View attachment 26531

View attachment 26532

View attachment 26533

When you click on the above link and go to each image then look at the bottom of the page for each image there is a link to more images and at the bottom of those pages to the full size images that are up to >150 MB in size. Those can be downloaded and explored and you can zoom in for stunning details.

• Thank You
Reactions: Bazza and Con

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
This one looks like a painting. So beautiful.

This stuff is amazing and mesmerizing. All those galaxies which all have billions, maybe trillions, of stars, which may have billions or trillions of planets. In our galaxy alone there are estimates of tens of billions of potentially habitable planets. Look at all those other galaxies in these images with their tens of billions of potentially habitable planets. No way we are the only living sentient creatures in the universe.

It blows my mind to think that in these images could be other civilizations that we will never know about and they will never know about us.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.