Special lighting at BDS

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Does Alabama play at night enough for it to matter?
Good point, B1G. If we have the year we usually have we will wear out the 2:30 time slot on CBS and the OOC games will likely be during the day...

That being said, I like the idea of the new lights... It will be interesting to see how they look.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Does Alabama play at night enough for it to matter?
Depends on the TV Networks.

On a side note, the energy savings will eventually pay for the lights. It will take a long time, but eventually they will.

I REALLY do like the possibilities that it presents coupled with the awesome sound system that BDS already has. Couple all of that with the pre-game video and it will make for quite an electric atmosphere. :p_smile:

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Really depends on how it's used. If they use it sparingly (I'm thinking like Braves games at Suntrust Park when lighting is used during rallies, etc and it is a "cool" effect rather than an epileptic-seizure-inducing effect) then it's a good thing. If they use lighting like they use pumped up / artificial sound (WAY too loud and WAY too much), then I'm going to say no dice.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Really depends on how it's used. If they use it sparingly (I'm thinking like Braves games at Suntrust Park when lighting is used during rallies, etc and it is a "cool" effect rather than an epileptic-seizure-inducing effect) then it's a good thing. If they use lighting like they use pumped up / artificial sound (WAY too loud and WAY too much), then I'm going to say no dice.
99.99% of the time it will be used as standard lighting... :cool2:

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
99.99% of the time it will be used as standard lighting... :cool2:
The red? Can we get "standard usage" for the sound system too?

Of course I understand that.

Looks like you're a fan of the pumped up/in sound, too. I'm not a fan of the never-ending noises. No problem. We can differ.

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
The red? Can we get "standard usage" for the sound system too?

Of course I understand that.

Looks like you're a fan of the pumped up/in sound, too. I'm not a fan of the never-ending noises. No problem. We can differ.
No, the white light... :cool2:

I am a fan of the pumped in sound, but only to a small degree. My few experiences there didn't find the usage over-done, but I may have not been to as many games there recently as you. I did note a difference in the sound between the lower bowl seating and the upper deck seating.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
That is just too cool IMO !! It`ll be very interesting to see how and when it`s employed. Would not at all surprise me if they did the alternate crimson and white when the team runs out. Too bad we don`t play more evening games. How long before LSU picks up on this since they do play a lot at night?
It would be fitting for LSU to do Crimson lighting. It’s practically a home game for the Tide. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
I am a fan of the pumped in sound, but only to a small degree. My few experiences there didn't find the usage over-done, but I may have not been to as many games there recently as you. I did note a difference in the sound between the lower bowl seating and the upper deck seating.

I don't have a problem with SOME / Occasional pumped up noise. However, I detest 3 (5) hours of constant noise. Every down, every break, every quarter, non stop. It's exhausting and ratchets up my nerves even more than they would be otherwise during a game :D

I like the video pushed out today on the lights... if they don't treat it like a shiny new toy and overdo it. Remember myspace.com? everybody had all kinds of flashy things, rotaty thngs, 100 fonts, etc etc etc. It becomes sensory overload.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Adds a whole other element to Dixieland Delight...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.