Special Teams (punt returns), Not so Special Teams (punting)

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
The punt returns were awesome to watch yesterday. I'm speculating that a lot more punts will be headed to the sidelines.

But what happened on the punt snap that was downed inside the five? Why was the ball hiked so far right? And did number 10 touch the ball? Maybe it was just part of the third quarter cluster!

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Burnip uses the rugby style kick which usually means moving to to his right. Was the long snapper trying to “lead” him? Don’t know. It appeared to deflect off HT. With the shadows it was hard to tell. It also appeared to me that Burnip never saw it until it was rolling on the ground.
It was a weird, weird play.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Kool-Aid might have the most punt return yards without a TD that I have ever seen.
Well he has the most of anyone in college football, heh.

It's weird how good Alabama is in punt returns and how bad they are in punting. They are 110th in net punting.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Penalties have hurt us everywhere, but especially in the kicking game. I’ve got where I almost expect a flag for holding or illegal block in the back.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.