Speeding Woman On Cocaine Kills Drunk Driver on Meth In Collision

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Not even a Florida headline even if it reads like one. "It" is one helluva drug.

Speeding woman on cocaine kills drunk driver high on meth in Las Vegas area (ktla.com)

A speeding woman is accused of driving under the influence of cocaine and alcohol when she crashed into another car, killing its driver who was under the influence of methamphetamine, police said.

Summer Butler, 37, faces charges of DUI resulting in death, reckless driving and being in possession of a controlled substance in connection with the fatal crash in January, court documents obtained by the 8 News Now I-Team said.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Not even a Florida headline even if it reads like one. "It" is one helluva drug.

Speeding woman on cocaine kills drunk driver high on meth in Las Vegas area (ktla.com)

A speeding woman is accused of driving under the influence of cocaine and alcohol when she crashed into another car, killing its driver who was under the influence of methamphetamine, police said.

Summer Butler, 37, faces charges of DUI resulting in death, reckless driving and being in possession of a controlled substance in connection with the fatal crash in January, court documents obtained by the 8 News Now I-Team said.
God!!........sometimes I think we`re doomed as a species!

Reactions: Padreruf

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Sorry and hate to be contrarian, but, unless he were also violating the law in some way, putting him in harm's way, I see no point whatsoever in pointing out his state of intoxication at the time she killed him. It seems sensational and gratuitous and purely to create a gripping headline...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Sorry and hate to be contrarian, but, unless he were also violating the law in some way, putting him in harm's way, I see no point whatsoever in pointing out his state of intoxication at the time she killed him. It seems sensational and gratuitous and purely to create a gripping headline...
You have a point, Earle. Perhaps he was all over the road too, but I guess we`ll not know.

NWGATideFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 17, 2006
Correct me if I am wrong, the victim was breaking the law.
According to the article, his BAL was 3 times over the limit, and had a "substantial amount of methamphetamine in their system".

The article does seem to imply the victim may have pulled out in front of her:
"Police said a car was making a U-Turn in a center lane, causing the front of another car, which Butler was driving, to collide with it. "

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
A good friend of mine who works as an ER doc in the Shoals has told me many times that well over half of the drivers you see on the road are inebriated in come capacity. Of course this is anecdotal based on his many years experience. I don’t doubt it though, so I’m not surprised by this headline

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Correct me if I am wrong, the victim was breaking the law.
According to the article, his BAL was 3 times over the limit, and had a "substantial amount of methamphetamine in their system".

The article does seem to imply the victim may have pulled out in front of her:
"Police said a car was making a U-Turn in a center lane, causing the front of another car, which Butler was driving, to collide with it. "
Hard to tell from the article. The U-turn is not called illegal. OTOH, it says "causing" the contact...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.